4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 4:22 PM by the_wine_snob

Problem loading PE9 on my Intel MacBook

oregon81

I started to install PE9 on my MacBook that has the current operating system & got as far as calculating the install time when it ejected the disc and gave me an error code 7. any help would be great.

• 1. Re: Problem loading PE9 on my Intel MacBook
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

This is a very general CHECKLIST for installing many Adobe programs. It is also probably a bit PC-centric, but maybe something will stand out.

Not at all familiar with any installation error messages, PC, or Mac. Was that "error 6" message from the program's installer, or from the OS, or could you tell?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem loading PE9 on my Intel MacBook
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also note that there are four discs included with the program.

So, first, make sure you are loading the Mac, not the Windows installation disc.

And, second, make sure you are loading the program installation disc (which is on the same disc as the Photoshop Elements installation disc) and not the content disc.

• 3. Re: Problem loading PE9 on my Intel MacBook
              oregon81 Level 1

Thanks gents, I had incorrectly assumed (you know what that means) that PE9 was installed from the second disc as both programs were in the same package.

• 4. Re: Problem loading PE9 on my Intel MacBook
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, so you were trying to install the Functional Content (more Themes, Title Templates and Menu Sets), before installing the program?

Glad that Steve knew the exact locations of the programs on the install discs.

As you are not the first user, to hit that same wall, I wonder if perhaps Adobe could do a bit more, regarding the various disc numbers, and what each contains, plus what should be done, regarding the order of installations. In the old-days, there used to be a heavy-stock card, with the exact order, and full details for installs. Back then, most of the programs were delivered only for one platform, or the other. Times were more simple back then, but the cards stepped one though every phase of the installation process. Back then, there were usually "Goodies" folders ("Directories" back then), and the card also covered exactly what was in those - fonts, try-out plug-ins, 3rd party apps, Brushes for PS, Clip Art, etc.). Now, one rather has to explore, and hope that there is a txt, or PDF files in each folder. Even with those, there is often a "what's this?" moment.

Good luck, and hope that you enjoy PrE on your Mac. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to come back here - Steve is a Mac-expert too! Many of the rest of us are PC-only, but are always willing to try and help, especially if the question is not platform-centric.

Hunt