4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2007 1:35 PM by dh_spam

Flash Player 9

billy2gun
      I have been trying to installed Flash Player 9 several times today. Yesterday it was working just fine. I downloaded FP9 from adobe for intel Mac. After download, I get the following statement from Safari:

"The page “Macromedia - Flash Player” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:"

The page it is referring to should lead me to a source to get the above plugin but it takes me back to the FP9 download page.

Any thoughts on how to handle this?

Many thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Flash Player 9
          oslasten
          I would love to see an answer to this question - I have tried to install it a thousand times, same story. It's not seen by the system. Anyone else experiencing same difficulties???
          • 2. Re: Flash Player 9
            dh_spam
            I have the exact same problem. Any page that wants to use Flash Player says I need to install it, so I go to through the install routine, but it doesn't take (even though I get no error messages), since the pages still say I need to install Flash Player again. It's a big endless circle with no resolution so far. Even Mac customer support couldn't help me.

Somebody out there must know what to do. Help!

Intel iMAC with OSX 10.4.10.

I keep getting this similar message:

The page “KSTP.com - Twin Cities News, Weather, Sports, Health and Politics from 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Do you want to open the page?

I say yes, do the install, but then I'm right back at the same error message. Text
            • 3. Re: Flash Player 9
              Tom_O_23
              Whenevr I try to install flashplayer 9, i click the i agree to the terms and conditions box then press install now and all that happens is i go back to the same page i was on, it doesnt matter how many times i try it it never works! I really need to know how to install it! any ideas?
              • 4. Re: Flash Player 9
                dh_spam Level 1
                Are you using a mac with OS X? If so, I was able to fix this problem on mine by repairing disk permissions. Try that and see if it helps.