6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2011 10:20 AM by avidsid

Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document

avidsid

How does one do that?  I get a little gunsight cursor icon when I left click to copy a photo in a .pdf file.  I have the latest version (9.4.1) of freeware, and am using Windows 7, all upgrades, on a new dual core with plenty of memory...........go figure?

There must be a way to copy and paste a photo out of a .pdf file or document, isn't there?   :-)   Printing just the photo would be nice too.......maybe after I get the individual photo off the article.

[email address removed by host]

• 1. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
          markerline Level 4

It is not necessary to post your email address in these forums unless you want to risk getting spam.

In any case to answer your question I can't troubleshoot since I don't have Acrobat Reader.  I have Acrobat Professional which has many many more features including PDF creation options.  I think if it IS possible in Reader then it would be in the File menu to Export (or Save As...?) Image>JPG/TIFF/GIF/etc.  You can also export PDFs to Microsoft Word DOC format in Acrobat Pro.  I'm not sure you have that option in Reader but it is worth looking at the HELP documentation of the software to check your Save As and Export options, if there are any.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
            avidsid Level 1

Maybe I can try exporting to another program like you point out with your professional Adobe version.  I will try that way and see.  Good idea, and Thank you for replying so quickly............I really do appreciate that.

Sid

Alpena, Mi  49707       

• 3. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
              markerline Level 4

You also replied quickly after I posted.  You're welcome about the help.  I am only grateful that I know a little about some of these software packages to be of assistance to those who need a quick question answered where they might not get any help otherwise.  That's what these forums are for, since it is often difficult and costly to call Adobe for technical support.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
                avidsid Level 1

I "Googled" and found a free to use online program to convert .pdf to .doc program..................trying it out now.  There is another on the search answers page that I am considering downloading for free and keeping on my desktop.  I have encountered this problem before and now will be more comfortable if it works and I can pull the photos (not copy protected) for my own personal use.  This one tonight is of an airplane of the type I am currently building and its of a good quality and shows much detail..........of the finished product.  I live way up north and we don't get to much exposure to the real deal unless we travel downstate to more populous areas.

Again, Thank You for the good reply and the speed of all this.............great forum and I'm sure to be back again.

Sid

• 5. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
                  ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have Reader, you could simply use the snapshot tool to copy the image them paste it into a Wrod document or whatever other type document you'd like.

(Be careful with some of the free convertors. Some have been known to install spyware on your machine).

• 6. Re: Sunday evening and 'grabbing' photos off a .pdf document
                    avidsid Level 1

I'm not familiar with snapshot on this new Win 7, but will look it up and try that too...............I'm just interested in some photos now and then and that sounds like the perfec answer if it will work.  Going there now...............and Thank You.

Sid