2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2011 9:01 PM by Jeff Schewe

Batch white balance and file conversion?

StanWelks Level 1

How can I take hundreds of .CR2 files and:

1. Apply the same white balance settings to all of them?

2. Convert them all to .JPG?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Batch white balance and file conversion?
          RASouthworth Level 3

Bring all the images into ACR, use the Synchronize function to transfer white balance settings from one image to all, use the Save Image section to save all selected images as jpegs. There are several options, I assume you can use the help screens to figure out the details.

I suggest you experiment with a few images before trying with hundreds.

Richard Southworth

• 2. Re: Batch white balance and file conversion?
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

That's one way...alternatively you could open the fist raw file and get the settings the way you want then click Done. In Bridge, select the adjusted image and copy the settings (Edit / Develop Settings / Copy Camera Raw Settings) then again in Bridge select all the other images and select Paste Camera Raw Settings in the same Bridge menu. Then in Bridge, select Tools / Photoshop / Image Processor and set up the processed files as you wish) and process them. Alternatively you could also create an action and run a Batch.

Any way you look at it, it's easy (and quick and efficient) to turn raw files into JPEGs using ACR, Bridge & Photoshop.