2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2011 4:50 PM by big_dave_mac

Unable to import .MTS AVCHD files into PremPro CS5 - Activated Version

big_dave_mac

Hi Team,

I have Premiere Pro CS5 for Mac - a fully activated version. In the past I have edited footage from both my Canon EOS 550D (I think that's a Rebel T2i in the US) and also from my Panasonic TM300 camera (AVCND format) without problem.

However, after a break of a few weeks, I've come to import some new footage from my Panasonic camcorder and I'm getting this error:

"The file has an unsupported compression type."

From looking around various forums, I see that this is a common error with users who have yet to activate their product. My product is fully activated. I can open the footage in iMovie and it plays successfully in VLC Player. I can also import .MOV files from my Canon successfully. I have tried opening a project that I was working on in December which used AVCHD footage from the Panasonic and this no longer will open - I get:

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

I'm guessing this is a codec issue - files from the Panny open in After Effects, just not in Prem Pro.

Can anybody advise how I might go about resolving this?

Many thanks,

David Mc

London, UK