1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 7:07 AM by shawnyale

Line Series Error #1010 when single point and form=curve

shawnyale

I've come across an issue in GraphicsUtilities.as in the case of a line series that has the form of "curve" and there is only a single point.

The problem occurs at line 325 in the following while cause:

while (start != end)
      {
            if (pts[start + incr][hProp] != pts[start][hProp] ||
               pts[start + incr][vProp] != pts[start][vProp])
            {
               break;
            }
              start += incr;

}    

The problem occurs when you have 2 objects in the set with the same data-x and data-y coordinates, the pts[start+incr] fails on the second pass since if does not exist.  The check while(start != end) is incorrect in that the start value begins at 0, however the end value begins at 2.  Hence, there is an extra loop that results in a non existent pts[start+incr], which would result in looking at an element in the array of pts[2]... in a two element array you would only have pts[0] and pts[1].

I have tried to modify the source to correct this by trying while(start+incr != end) and also while(start != innerEnd), but neither of these checks stops the unwanted loop from occurring.

In the first pass, as written, start would be 0 and end would be 2.. so inequality would be true.

In the second pass, as written, start would be 1 and end would be 2... so inequality would also be true, however since the array element being evaluated is pts[2] (which doesnt exist since pts[start+incr] equals 2) the error is thrown.

What is confusing me is that even when modifying the source, with either of the above modifications, the loop is still running even when (start+incr == end) (the second loop).

Anyone have any ideas as to why this loop is still being evaluated even though the conditions are false?

In other words, why is the while loop being executed when (start+incr != end) is false when start=1 incr=1 and end = 2???   

Ive seen a couple posts asking the same question regarding the form = curve with a single point, but no answers.

I will also post a bug on jira for Adobe.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Line Series Error #1010 when single point and form=curve
          shawnyale Level 1

I submitted this fix to Adobe yesterday under ticket FLEXDMV-2548.  There is a problem in the curve lines style code beginning at line 325 in GraphicsUtilities.as in the datavisualization source.  Here is the fix:

WORKAROUND (Tested and verified):
          1. Remove datavisualization.swc from your project.
          2. Include the src folder from {version}\frameworks\projects\datavisualization\src
          3. Replace the existing code with the following starting at line 325 in

frameworks\projects\datavisualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\GraphicsUtilities.as

WAS:

while (start != end)
          {
              {
                  break;
              }
              start += incr;
          }

NOW:

while (start+incr != end)
          {
              {
                  break;
              }
              start += incr;

Verified correct functionality with a single data point and/or multiple points with the same x/y values.