8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 1:43 PM by the_wine_snob

Project will not render through title transitions.

britishcolumbia1

Hi there,

I am having problems with titles.  I am tring to add in titles to a time lapse video that change with the month of the year.  However the renderer always stops at the transition of the first title and then errors out after a while.  I found another link to a similar problem with the trial version which advised me to replace the Videorenderer.dll file.  I did this but I am still having no luck.

My project Settings are as follows:

Editing Mode:  DSLR

Timebase:  23.976 frames/second

Frame Size:  1280 x 720

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)

Fields: No fields (Progressive Scan)
      Display Format: 24 fps Timecode

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Andrew

• 1. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

Are you editing your video on your C drive or on second or external hard drive? If so, have you ensured that it is formatted NTFS and not FAT32, as they are from the factory?

You say you are editing time lapse video.

If that is the case, I'd recommend you first output your video with the time lapse applied. You can do this by going to Share/Computer/MPEG and selecting the 1440x1080 output preset.

Then open a new project, using the HDV setting, Import this video into it and then add your titles. This will reduce the strain on your computer, since it will not be having to render your titles and your time lapse video simultaneously.

• 2. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The first question would be, what is the error message?

Next would be, do you have any gaps, even a 1 Frame gap anywhere around that first Title?

If you do have gaps, a common error is "Failure to return frame," but sometimes it will just stop, or give a "General error" message.

I assume that your are referring to Export/Share, when you say "rendering," or are you meaning Rendering, which is use to give the smoothest possible playback, and turn red lines green (invoked by hitting the Enter key)?

If you do have gaps, then this ARTICLE might be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
              britishcolumbia1 Level 1

.Thank you for the replies!

I am running a Pentium R Dual Core CPU @ 2.70GHz and I have 3.25GB of RAM with 62 GB free hard disk space.  All files are on the C drive.

I have already out put the time lapse video file, it runs the total length of the project.

I am now just running the rendering (for smooth playback) not file export.  What happens when the renderer get to the title is that the "Estimated time left" clock starts running up instead of down.  This continues for a while until the program says that it has encountered an error and needs to shut down.  Before it shuts down though I do notice that as the Estimated Time Left clock is running up the 'Rendering Frame   x of xxx"  is still progressing.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrew

• 4. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When was the last time you cleared off spyware and tmp files from your hard drive?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

You may also want to go to Premiere Elements Edit/Preferences and clear the Media Cache.

Also, are you using McAfee or Norton antivirus? They too can choke an intensive process like this.

• 5. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
                  NewbieinWA

As the name implies I am new to this froum and to Premier 9.  I am not sure this is where to put this, but I could see any options.

I too am having trouble with transitions.  Some seem to work well in my title (don't know why) and some are jerky or don't resolve until

halfway through the title.

I have three elements in my title and I would love to dip to and from black between them .

I can fade from black to the first title element and then back to black at the end.

The second  and third element won't do a dip to or from black without either being jerky or "popping" up .  I tried disolves and they are

uneven, jerky or appear as a stright cut.  The element number 3 will fade to black. The interier transitions just don't work.

The rest if of the program seems to work out ok, but right now I am having trouble with the transitions.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Thom

• 6. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Thom,

Welcome to the forum.

It would be best to start a new thread with your particular problem, as I think it will be different from the OP's in this thread. Perhaps our tireless MOD, Steve Grisetti, can branch this off to a new thread.

Now, I am having a little trouble understanding what you mean with the "elements" of your Title, and the desire to add Dip-to-Black between them. Are these elements on separate Titles, butted-up to each other, with the Dip-to-Black Transition added between each, or something else?

Also, if you could attach a screen-cap of your Timeline, with the Title and Transitions showing, that might explain a lot. This ARTICLE will give you tips on posting a screen-cap.

Also, when one adds a Transition, a red line will appear above that point in the Title/Clip.For the smoothest playback, one would want to Render that portion of the Timeline (red lines will turn green). One can constrain the portion of the Timeline, that is Rendered, with the WAB (Work Area Bar). Just set that for the area with your Titles and Transitions, and hit Enter. Then, playback that portion of the Timeline, to study how smoothly the Transitions play back.

Here is a look at the WAB from PrE 4.0, but PrE 9 should be very, very similar:

WAB_Info_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
                      britishcolumbia1 Level 1

I did eventually get this to work.  I think it did turn out to be a memory issue.

Thanks to all who replied.

• 8. Re: Project will not render through title transitions.
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news, and thanks for reporting your success.

Good luck,

Hunt