4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 11:33 AM by Koscieliska

PrE 8 and PrE9 in the same time

Koscieliska Level 1

I have in my computer installed PrE8 and PrE9. Is there any disadvantage of having both these programs (such as some kind of interference)? Shall I delete PrE8?

• 1. Re: PrE 8 and PrE9 in the same time
          nealeh Level 5

No disadvantage at all in having multiple versions installed. There is no 'interference'. If you have completed v8 projects you should retain v8 - because you may find problems later if you need to make some changes. The general principle is 'edit with the version that created it'.

The only circumstances I'd suggest removing it is if you are chronically short of disk space.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: PrE 8 and PrE9 in the same time
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Neale states, having several versions is usually no problem at all. One user, ATR has 7, 8 and 9, IIRC.

The only thing that might be of a concern would be Organizer, and its catalogs. I assume that each version contains its own version of Organizer, so there should be no conflict there - but that is just my assumption.

I cannot recall anyone with issues, when they have more than one version coexisting on the same machine.

I also agree with the advice to finish Projects in the version started. While there is usually good forward compatibility, say PrE 8 Project to PrE 9, there can be glitches too. It is just best to finish in the version, where the Project was started - that eliminates ALL possible glitches.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PrE 8 and PrE9 in the same time
              Koscieliska Level 1

Thank you.

Andrew

• 4. Re: PrE 8 and PrE9 in the same time
                Koscieliska Level 1

Thanks Bill.

Andrew