I'm having a problem with text, the I'm going to try and explain the best I can.
This is what I have:
- A Spark TextArea;
- Buttons with some functions similar to RichTextEditor;
- A "Save Selection" button.
This is what I want:
- The user writes a text;
- He formats it - Bold, font, color, underline, etc;
- The user saves all the text - It goes to sql throught php - including format;
- The text saved correctly including format;
- The user selects a bit of text;
- The user hits "Save Selection";
- The text looses some format;
This is <b>just a <u>text</u> for demonstrating</b> my problem...
- If the user starts selecting the second word - "is" - the selection is saved correctly;
- If the user starts selecting the 5 word - "text" - the selection is saved with Underline, but without Bold;
- If I copy/paste the selection, it keeps the Bold and the Underline.
For what I'm seeing, I need to somehow get the opening tag, in this case the Bold tag.
I thought of the following:
- Read the selected string until it finds a "</", then go back until it finds the correspondent open tag. The problem is that it can contain several close tags. If a user makes a wide selection and changes the font, then a smaller selection and changes the color, then an even smaller selection and puts the bold in it...
Is there a way/function in Flex to do something like the system copy/paste. If so, when the user hits "Save Selection" I would copy the selection to an invisible TextArea, and send that TextArea content to php/sql. I thought of this because if I copy/paste(Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) the text it keeps everything formated.
I'm sorry for my long post, but was trying to explain the best I can, and I'm not english, so sorry for some errors...