7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 10:22 AM by Tamutka RSS

Position of media in a table

Tamutka Community Member

Hi,

I have a strange problem (for me, of course ).

I want to use a table with several columns with words. At the top of the tabe I want to insert a voice player. But when I try to wiew, the player is not in the position I want, above and at the beggining of the fourth word.

Here is link to the file (one of them, I have more and in everyone is the same.)

http://uciteljska.net/razno/Bralne_Vaje/Hitrost/SiritevVidnegaPolja_Vidim/1_Isci/dve1.htm

Thank you for the answer.

• 1. Re: Position of media in a table
          hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hi Natasa,

please look here:

Yours:

<td colspan="3"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="dewplayer.swf" width="200" height="20" id="dewplayer2" name="dewplayer">
          <param name="movie" value="dewplayer.swf" />
          <param name="flashvars" value="mp3%3dtop1.html" />
          <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
          </object></td>

middle:

<td colspan="3" align="center"><object data="dewplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="dewplayer" width="200" height="20" align="middle" id="dewplayer2">

<param name="movie" value="dewplayer.swf" />

<param name="flashvars" value="mp3%3dtop1.html" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

</object></td>

Hans-G.

• 2. Re: Position of media in a table
            hans-g. CommunityMVP

I tried it here, you will see this menu after clicking next to flash's symbol:

drZ.jpg

The specification of a centering marked by the left arrow is not really necessary in your case, it refers to any text you will insert in this field.

Hans-G.

• 3. Re: Position of media in a table
              Tamutka Community Member

Hi, Hans and thanks for the reply

But this does not solve the problem. Do you see the media in the right place on your computer? Here is the same. And I do not think this is the right solution. If the table has its properties and the word is in the right place, the media should be too, I assume. So, there must be something else. I will try to insert a table  for media specialy, perheaps that will work.

Regards, natasa

• 4. Re: Position of media in a table
                hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hi Natasa,

I'm sorry, because I could see both of your "media" contents slipped into the middle of each column. From this:

drTent01.jpg

to this, what for me solved the problem now:

drTent02.jpg

Please make a screen adaptation, like you would like to see it, so that I can think about it again.

Regards, Hans-G.

• 5. Re: Position of media in a table
                  Tamutka Community Member

Hi, Hans, thank you for your concerning.

This excersise I am doing with Hot Potatoes. It can be done like this, but I do not like the distance between the media and words. I would not like to have an information between. But it will do, if we (you ) will not  find the solution about beahviour of the table.

21.01.png

regards and thanks again.

I will be absent for two days, so if I will not be able to reply ...

regards, Natasa

• 6. Re: Position of media in a table
                    hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hi Natasa,

what do you think about this (screenshot only from the middle part)?

drZent03.jpg

If that's what you imagine, approximately, I achieved this centering in this way:

drZent01.jpg

> detail:

drZent02.jpg

Godspeed for the next two days, CU!Hans-G.

• 7. Re: Position of media in a table
                      Tamutka Community Member

Hi, Hans,

Thank you very much for trying to help. But in this excercise all the words have 3 letters, in next excersises the words are longer and sometimes 3, 4 or more letters long. So, if the would be centered, the goal of excersise would be somehow corrupted. Student has to read the words so that they start all at the same place (this are excersises for bad readers)

so, I found that solution as I mentioned before, the space between words and media is a litle bit bigger, but it is OK.

So, perheaps Cramps or Murray know the solution of the problem?

Best regards, Natasa