2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 1:08 PM by Steve Grisetti

Angled lines in still shots broken

ptroyer1957

I downsized my files to 900 pixels wide by 600 or whatever it turned out to be and angled lines are broken and look pixalated.  The same on some curved surfaces.  Is There something I am missing.  at this point I can not use still photo's as a source.  Also is there a way to zoom in on a shot it does not seem to be available it effects  Premier Elements 9 Windows 7 64 bit

• 1. Re: Angled lines in still shots broken
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What is the Project's Preset, chosen at New Project?

Where are you seeing the "jaggies?"

Is there a red line above your stills, or have you Rendered the Timeline, getting a green line?

The Zoom is in the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale, that is accessed in the Effects >Edit Effects (Effects Control Panel), when the Clip/still is Selected in the Timeline. Pan is in the same place, Effect>Motion>Position.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Angled lines in still shots broken
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, if you want to get the best results with photos, right-click on them on the timeline and select Field Options/Flicker Removal.

And don't forget to render your timeline too! (Press Enter) When the red lines above the clips turn to green lines, your photos should look much better!

(It also doesn't hurt to right-click on the Monitor panel and set Quality to Best.)