Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invoking Context Sensitive Help with a TOC

Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched around the forums and it seems I may be in the wrong area with this thread that I found (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/38858) but I have been unable to find a way to get to the developer side of things.  If someone can direct me it would be great but if you have an answer even better 🙂

I have integrated WebHelp with our web application and can successfully launch context-sensitive help by itself.  When I want to display a TOC, index or search with it, it seems I can only display the default topic and not the context sensitive one.

Successful: RH_ShowHelp(0, 'help/en-us/WebHelp/Index.htm>helpWin', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 42);

Fail: RH_ShowHelp(0, 'help/en-us/WebHelp/Index.htm>helpWin', HH_DISPLAY_TOC, 42);

I have been around the internet and found various sites that talk about how it is not possible to have a TOC show anything but the default topic and it just seems a bit off that this is not possible. I have also found sites mentioning some hacks to the javascript files but it seems that that was for older versions of RoboHelp.

I am currently using WebHelp generated by RoboHelp 8.  If anyone can help or at least direct me to a forum where I can get this question answered, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Will go there now!

Thanks 🙂

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I will semi-retract my nope and replace it with I saw part of it 🙂  I had found Tyler's article yesterday and had already heard back from him.  I had attempted the Topic ID approach with no luck and have yet been unsuccessful with some of his other suggestions.  I'm not giving up though!  🙂  If I do find an answer, I will repost it here (or a link to it).

If anyone else has any input, please add a reply!

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I did find my answer thanks to Tyler at a sub-link where you pointed me to Rick.  I was implementing it with a bit of confusion from the RH_ShowHelp.  I was using TopicID instead of TopicNumber so by changing one keyword, all was good 🙂  Also helps that Visual Studio 2010 allows javascript debugging 😉

HRef = "help/en-us/WebHelp/Index_csh.htm#TopicNumber=42,withnavpane=true"

I am, however, going to implement the TopicID way within my code when all is said and done.  It provides much better readability.

Thanks!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp