• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 not exporting to Flash CS4 correctly

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export from Captivate 4 to Flash CS4 it doesn't place the imported objects on their own timeline. Instead, it places each object into a movie symbol, which has its own timeline. The problem is that when I save it as a .swf in Flash and then I open it in After Effects none of the highlight boxes are visible.

As you know, After Effects does not see Flash symbols that are buried below the main timeline.

I opened up a project I worked on a year ago (with a different computer) and the Flash files had the exported Captivate items on the main timeline with the object on its own layer. Those files work fine in After Effects.

Can anyone tell me if they are having the same export issue with Captivate 4 not exporting its elements in Flash on the main timeline (as seen in the help file: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Captivate/4.0/Using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119e9582981-7fff.html)?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution here (http://labnol.blogspot.com/2004/09/export-captivate-movie-to-macromedia.html). I'll reprint the steps here:

1. Close Flash CS4 if it is open.
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Captivate
4. Copy the RDMFISTUB.dll file.
5. Navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash CS4\en\Configuration
Note: The 'Local Settings' folder by default is hidden. If you are unable to locate the 'Local Settings' folder you can unhide it by opening Windows Explorer, select Tools > Folder Options > View, and select the option to 'Show hidden files and folders'.

6. Create a new folder called Importers. Your final path should look like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Importers

7. Paste the RDMFISTUB.dll into the Importers folder.
8. Open Flash CS4.
9. Create a New Flash Document. Save the document (or Flash may freeze when importing)
10. Select File > Import > Import to Stage.
11. Browse to and select the CP file.
12. Click OK.

Here is a comparison picture of the results. Without the steps above the imported Captivate assets will reside inside of a movie symbol (one for each slide). This is labeled "incorrect" in the image. I want each asset on a new layer in the root timeline. This is labeled "correct" in the image.

importing.png

I want to go from Captivate to Flash to After Effects (because Captivate generated Flash files are unreadable in After Effects). For full disclosure, I used Captivate 3 in the steps above, but I hope this is a solution for Captivate 4 as well (I decided to stick with Captivate 3 because it worked in a project I used a year ago).

Message was edited by: EliteEraser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources