4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 7:22 PM by thecornerangel

flash player object enters print spooler file

thecornerangel

This just started, yesterday all was fine.   when I try to print a pic from Picasa it won't print  -- the print spooler file has a SHD file with a flash player object.  I  keep clearing the spooler and emplying the file, but they keep  reappearing.  I uninstalled all adobe programs, but it's still  happening. Windows Vista system 32  HP all in one printer.

• 1. Re: flash player object enters print spooler file
          FlashGames11

Whenever you are having weird spooler issues (especially when using HP printers for some reason) you should check out your: "windows\system32\spool\printer" folder and look for "weird" things. I don't know how it happens but for some reason shockwave and other miscellaneous files find a way into the folder and cause all kinds of issues until they are removed. Just an idea that has worked for me in the past. Best of luck to ya

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: flash player object enters print spooler file
            eidnolb onlyone Level 5

Hi, You may receive more help on one of the other Adobe sites, depending on which Adobe Program you are using. Or perhaps the HP site. Flash Player is a browser plugin so wouldn't have anything to do with your Printer. Maybe Picasa has a support forum also.

eidnolb

• 3. Re: flash player object enters print spooler file
              thecornerangel Level 1

thanks so much for helping, but I need to fix this.  Yes, I'm finding what seems to be the same wierd files each time I give the print command for a pic.  problem is, I have to stop the print spooler, then delete the two files, but then I can onlly print a doc.  if I try to print a pic, it happens again.  the hp printer will not cancel the doc.  and it will not let me print another until I clear the print spooler file.  I tried resizing the pic, but the same thing happened again.  I have deleted all adobe stuff from my c: disk, figure I'll down load it later.  Any other ideas?  I'm going to HP noiw, wish me luck.

• 4. Re: flash player object enters print spooler file
                thecornerangel Level 1

Since neither the HP or Adobe help desks could answer my questions, I did two things that fixed the problem:  1. I deleted all Adobe products from my system.  (I'm trying Fire-fox fix-it instead.)  2. I think this is what really worked - I un=installed my HP Officejet all-in-one, and re-installed it.  And, all the photo software was updated and works so much faster and better.

Thanks to all of you for your attention to my little problem.