10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2012 8:56 AM by Morac

Reader X on Windows - Save button stops working for PDFs in browser if open back to back PDF files.

Morac

I'm using Firefox under Windows XP SP3 and I'm noticing problems saving PDF files opened in a browser page, such as those at financial institutions.   Normally when I open a PDF I can click the "Save" or press CTRL-SHIFT-S to save.  The problem appears to occur if I open a PDF file and the two acrord32.exe processes are already running on my machine because I recently opened another PDF file.  In that case neither the save button or keyboard command works.   I have to close the page with the PDF file on it and either wait for the acrord32.exe processes to go away on their own or kill them.  Then I can open a PDF and the save button works.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to this URL (or any PDF on web) and press the save button, it will work - https://www.your-fundaccount.com/rotary/DownloadCenter/Sample.pdf

2. Close the tab and then immediately open a new tab and go to the same URL and press the save button again.

Expected Results:

1. Save button should work.

Actual Results:

1. Save button does not work.

Work Around:

Either wait for the acrord32.exe processes to terminate on it's own or kill them before opening another PDF web page.