11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 6:00 AM by Steve Grisetti

Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?

shiffsportsmarketing Level 1

I posted a question last evening, and got a very friendly answer (thank you, again!) - but unfortunately, I am still trying to figure my problem out.  I even subscribed to Lynda.com and watched the tutorials for the program - but it does not address my issue.

Does anyone know of a service/program professional that I can call/email and pay for answers to these types of questions?  I've just used "JustAnswer.com", and after 2 hours, am still waiting for a "computer professional" that is versed in the program.  Adobe support cannot help with "usage" questions - just problems with installation, errors, etc.

I REALLY, REALLY want to love this program, but I am starting to worry that it may just not suit my particular needs.  But before I abandon it, I want to exhaust all possible avenues of help!

Thanks again for taking the time to read my post - and offer whatever suggestions you may have,

Kim

• 1. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Another help site http://muvipix.com/

Steve Grisetti (a regular here, who has written books about Premiere Elements) has some free stuff over there

You may also go to P-Elements 9 http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html where there is (upper right corner) a link to download the user guide as a PDF for offline reading... right click the link and chose the option to save to your hard drive

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?

Thanks so much!  Will check them out and report back

Kim

• 3. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
              nealeh Level 5

As mentioned above http://muvipix.com has plenty of free stuff but you can also take a paid subscription and get access to all their resources. I think it is around $70 for 12 months - you could spend that on just a couple of hours with paid support so it ought to be cost effective for you.

Steve Grisetti has published an extremely good book on PRE9. Adobe also offer one in their 'Classroom in a Book' series. The Adobe one is based around building a project with project files provided on disk and is a good walkthrough. Steve's book also build project skills by subject and, once you are familiar with PRE, is better for advanced features plus tips on problems that you won't see admitted in the Adobe books. If you have the budget buy both, if you don't buy Steve's (from http://muvipix.com or Amazon)

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I don't know the nature of your questions -- but I've been known to work one-on-one with people who have questions about how the program works -- especially if they are Muvipix subscribers or purchase one of my books!

But I can't help you troubleshoot computer problems. That gets way too messy, and I leave that to the folks at Adobe and Microsoft!

So I'll be glad to show you how something works (or direct you to one of my tutorials that will show you). But I can't fix the program or your computer. Sorry.

Meantime, have you had a look at my Basic Training tutorials?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

How basic -- or advanced --are your questions?

• 5. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?

Thank you!  I do not have any computer issues -- I just purchased this program last night for a specific project - and as you know, the Adobe Help section just doesn't offer enough instruction for more advanced features.  Even lynda.com's tutorial on this program doesn't address some of my issues.

I am ready to purchase your book for sure -- but notice there is not an electronic version available?? Yikes... Of course my project is due Monday

I'm going to buy it anyway -- but would love an e-version if it was instantly available to help me over these next 36 hours

If you could let me know -- that would be great --

Thanks so much,

Kim

• 6. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I had to laugh out loud about this one

Buy a new program for a project due in 4 days from purchase ?????

WOW !!!

• 7. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?

Just the kind of girl I am

I'll get the project done - one way or another -- just trying to utilizing the features properly

• 8. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?

Regarding the complexity of my questions....

I am editing together a college football highlight video for one specific player from 27 games (all of which I have on DVD - and also converted to mp4's on an external hard drive)

Things like:

1. Adding a "shadow/highlight" over a particular person in a moving clip

2. Being able to "tag" or add keywords to clips that I've edited in the timeline for organizing/sorting

3. Repeating a clip in slow motion

4. Zooming in on a particular portion of a clip

So - not sure if those would be considered "basic" or "advanced"..

Thanks again!

Kim

• 9. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you are highlighting a moving object, perhaps this ARTICLE will prove useful to you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
                            Ted Smith Level 3

(Just about every thing is explained in help - just keep looking and searching help until you find it).

This requires the creation of a white circle that you slightly superimpose over the picture simply by putting it on an above track and setting the level of it to very low - just enough to see the faint circle.

It can be a graphic (same pixels as movie) quickly made in Paint or Photoshop or a camera shot of a white card.

If the graphic has a fuzzy edge then highlight edge will also be fuzzy.

Zoom and move it about as for your point 4

Trying to follow movement is a bit trickier as you would have to shift it at least 2 frames at a time.

Alternately you can use the chroma key effect except you insert the same picture in the hole as the background then reduce the level of the background picture to make it darker.(see help)

2. Being able to "tag" or add keywords to clips that I've edited in the timeline for See answers to your other posts

Whats wrong with an old fashioned simple notebook and pencil and note the time, changing it if you change it's position.  I use one all the time - much quicker.

3. Repeating a clip in slow motion. Requires making a copy and slowing it down.

Set a break point at the beginning or end of the section to be repeated

Select and Copy the section

Paste insert it into the point where you want the section be repeated.

Select the new copied bit

Change it's speed

If you want normal speed audience noise instead of strangly slowed down or hollow sound you can first unlink the audio & video and place enough of a third copy of the original audio again in the audio gap that would otherwise appear.

(Note Many function are found by right clicking on various areas of the screen)

4. Zooming in on a particular portion of a clip.

Click on the preview screen and drag the markers to zoom or reposition to suit

• 11. Re: Live help for Premiere Elements 9 (paid support)?
                              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Kim, I've sent you a private message inviting you to hook up one-on-one online with me this afternoon.

With to little time, I can't teach you how to do all of the special effects you want to do -- but maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you for checking out my books!