4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2011 1:15 PM by the_wine_snob

Simple Question

Unclepullmyfinger

I was wondering if I can convert standard definition footage and burn this to a blu ray so it will play in my blu ray player?

If so do I convert the AVI to Mpeg2 DvD or Mpeg2 Blu Ray

I would like to get 4 old standard def movies on one disk

Thanks

• 1. Re: Simple Question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Just to make sure that I am on the same page with you, are you wishing to burn an SD Project to a BD disc, to play on a BD player, or do you wish to up-rez from SD to HD to author a full BD?

If it is the former, you should be able to do that with Encore, by altering the capacity of the disc used, though you might have to Burn to Folder, and then use a program, like ImgBurn, to do the physical burn. This would probably give you the capacity that you are looking for, and as the vast majority of BD players will play DVD's, should not be that big an issue. Now, the material will still be SD, but if your BD player has up-rezzing chips, you might get noticeable improvement over a DVD in an non-up-rezzing DVD player.

If the latter, and you want to up-rez the SD footage to HD, you might wish to explore Red Giant's Magic Bullet Instant HD, which is a plug-in for PrPro, then create a BD Project in Encore.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Simple Question
            Unclepullmyfinger Level 1

My thinking is my blu ray player plays just about everything like the movies I made a couple years ago from my Canon GL2 Standard Def converted to Mpeg 2 DvD if the player recognizes this why wouldnt it recongnize this on a blu ray disk.Im thinking I can go back to the original AVI's clean them up in PPro and export them as Mpeg2 DvD and burn them to a blu ray disk this way I could fit 4 movies on to one disk.I hope I made sense

Thanks for your time

• 3. Re: Simple Question
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes you can.

Drop your SD material as it is in a BD menu and burn it to BD. Thats all.

Encore will convert your material to m2ts in SD resolution.

Try it with a rewritable first and see if you like the result.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Simple Question
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ann,

Nice to know that Encore will just "handle it," as that will save having to dance around the need. Thanks for that info. I feared that one would have to "trick" Encore, but it sounds like they will not.

Appreciated,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful