3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 3:49 PM by Fireflywishes22

Overdrive files (.ACSM) will not open in ADE, keep getting errors. Have searched for solution..

Fireflywishes22

I am having issues downloading library books into ADE. I have been using ADE and borrowing library books for about a year, so I am not new to this. I double click the .ACSM file and ADE opens and acts like it's downloading the book, and then I get this error: "

The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly

--- errorListChange --- "

or a couple of times I tried I got an "this cannot be opened in digital editions" error. This happened to me several weeks ago and I fixed it before with a solution I found in the forums here, but that didn't work this time. That solution said to open My Digital Editions folder, delete all the file names for the book I was trying to download, and then delete the RESTORE folder, and then delete all the temporary internet files in Internet Explorer. I did that and it didn't work, I actually have tried to download several books, and tried the solution several times, and it hasn't worked. Then I took the step of uninstalling and reinstalling ADE, that didn't work either.

I also have deleted the .ACSM files of the books and then redownloaded them from Overdrive, and that didn't work either.

I am at a loss. I have tried every solution I can think of, I haven't been able to come up with any other solutions in this forum for these issues, so if someone could help me, that would be great.