0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2011 3:36 PM by brytho13

jQuery and Contribute problems

brytho13 Level 1

Hello,

I'm in a situation in which my place of employment does not have a content management system in place and therefore, they have been using Contribute CS3 in order to make edits and updates. As of late I have started using jQuery as it has become increasingly important that our visitors be able to navigate the site easily. Therefore, I've used it to hide and show items so that the interface is much more easily navigable and sensible. The problem that I am running into is that my content editors cannot edit anything that is hidden on the page load and it is super important that they are able to do so.

I've tried detecting the Contribute Application however it is only seen as a Mozilla browser and there is really nothing that I can use to determine if Contribute users are viewing the page. If I could do that, then I would disable the jQuery, expanding/revealing all of the hidden content allowing for people to make changes. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is something that either I can do or my content editors can do that would allow for these edits to take place without my intervention. I would love to implement a CMS for these people however time is rather limited and it's seemingly become an all or nothing type situation in which all of my work will have been for naught as we would have to revert to static looking pages. Please help!

~Bryce