2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 2:57 AM by nealeh

Issues starting Premiere Elements 8

kkjyhs

Hi everyone! Can't believe I can't figure this out, even given my limited computer knowledge. I bought Adobe Photoshop elements 8 which came with a 30 day free trial of Premier Elements 8. I've never gotten it to work. When I bring it up and click "start new project", it seems to do what it should, i.e. loading a bunch of .prm applications. It loads pretty fast so everything looks like it's working the way it is supposed to. It gets as far as "loading windows media" then stops.

Just stops. It doesn't go to a window where I can start placing clips, audio, etc. I'm just left looking at the welcome screen. I tried clicking on the small icon in the upper right hand corner where I can select "open Editor behind welcome screen" but that doesn't seem to make a difference. The other thing that has me puzzled is that although I don't think I ever actually moved beyond the trial version, i.e. upgraded to the actual version, nothing I see under "properties" indicates that it is a trial version. It looks and seems like the real thing. Unless me buying it at Costco included some kind of upgrade to the actual version that I was not aware of. Anyway, I'm still left staring at a welcome screen. Can't get to the meat and potatoes of the program. As an aside, Photoshop Elements works fine.

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful!  Kevin

• 1. Re: Issues starting Premiere Elements 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In general, one should do the following:

Update Windows, including all hot-fixes

Update the video driver, and the audio driver from the mfgr's.Web sites

Update Apple's QT Player.

The majority of the launch problems are handled by this list of actions.

If they do not help you, then perhaps look at this ARTICLE for some tips on your system info, that might help us troubleshoot.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Issues starting Premiere Elements 8
            nealeh Level 5

Also disable your realtime anti-virus software during a PRE session.

Once PRE is working you will know if you are using the trial version 'cos it will include a banner right across the centre of your video saying it was created with the Demo version.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children