1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 3:26 AM by nealeh

Won't load new project or anything

mfdia1

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and it works just fine on my desktop.  I've installed it on my laptop now and it doesn't seem to be working.  When I try to create a new project, nothing appears. When I try to load a  previous project it says "Projects created with Adobe Premiere Pro and  Adobe Premiere Elements are not compatible." (I only have ever used  Premiere elements & mind you, these "previous projects" contain  nothing, because they're just the failed attempts at creating new  projects but with nothing actually happening after I get passed the  point of naming the new project)

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The suggestions I've found through searching & such haven't helped.

I tried deleting all previous files,  uninstalling, reinstalling, just letting it sit and see if something  eventually happens, deleted the adobe premiere prefs file, etc...

Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
      Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
      Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N830 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows 7

I was actually able to get it to load a new project ONCE-- but then I exited it because I needed it to be widescreen instead of standard. With the exception of that one time, I haven't had any luck getting it to do anything.

• 1. Re: Won't load new project or anything
          nealeh Level 5

Is it only your desktop it has been previously installed on? I ask because I think you can only install it on a maximum of two machines. If so you may have a licensing issue requiring you to deactivate one.

More likely though it is out-of-date drivers and/or the state of your laptop. The following basics are well proven to solve many, many problems with PRE:

• Run Disk Cleanup.
          • Run Defragmenter.
          • Reboot your PC.
          • Temporarily disable any anti-virus realtime scanning.

And post back here with the necessary information about your laptop described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children