6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 6:14 AM by MadManChan2000

Problems viewing RAW photos properly in Photoshop/Lightroom/ACR

Patches_McMatt

Hey folks. New here and looking to find some assistance with a  problem I'm having in Photoshop CS4, Lightroom 2 and Adobe Camera Raw  5.7 when attemtping to view RAW photos straight from my Canon 450D. My  computer is a Mac PowerPC G5 running OS X 10.5.8 with a single 1.8Ghz  CPU and 3.5Gb of RAM. Photoshop CS4 is version 11.0.2. Lightroom is  version 2.7. Adobe Camera Raw is version 5.7.

What I am  having problems with is viewing RAW photos from my camera in all of  these applications. No problems are encountered with any other file type  such as PNG or jpg.

I have attached a screen capture of  what I am seeing when I open a .CR2 RAW image in Camera RAW before  opening in Photoshop. As you can see, the software seems to be having a  difficult time rendering the photo properly. I can view these files on  other computers using the Canon software that came with my camera. I get  this same problem if I view the image in Lightroom.

As  far as I know, I can't upgrade to PS CS5 or LR 3 because I am still  running on the PPC architecture, so I need to find how to fix this  without having to buy a Mac Pro and the newest software.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? If the screenshot is too small, I can provide the full-res version.

Picture 1.png