2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2011 9:23 AM by zedog1

Color Picker Confusion

mrcaseydexter07

I created a couple of themes on the kuler web site today (ININ Corporate 01 and ININ Corporate 02). I downloaded both palettes as .ase files and imported the swatches to Illustrator CS5 and PhotoShop CS5. When I select the new swatches from the kuler palettes using the color picker, the RGB values are off and do not correspond to the values that I entered on the kuler website. I don't have the web safe color checkbox selected so I'm really confused by this.

• 1. Re: Color Picker Confusion
          atjain Adobe Employee

The color shifts occus because as kuler is a part of the browser, it is not color managed whereas the Adobe Creative Suite applications are using a Color Profile to display your colors. Color management caters to the difference in various screens to display color. You can read more about color management on wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_management). Kuler maintains colors in the color mode chosen. Therefore, if you require the same hexadecimal values(used for display on screen), set the color mode to RGB by clicking next to RGB while creating the theme.

--

Kuler Team

• 2. Re: Color Picker Confusion
            zedog1

This needs to be made more clear...

atjain wrote:

Therefore, if you require the same hexadecimal values(used for display on screen), set the color mode to RGB by clicking next to RGB while creating the theme.

--

Kuler Team

I was having the same frustration. Tested this and it works. So whatever color mode/values you want to use (CMYK, RGB, HEX), make sure those are the values highlighted when you save the theme. They will be the ones that persist when loaded in Adobe. If you want to use someone else's palette but in a different color mode, you will have to save a copy of it.

And more note HSV seems to just save RGB values perhaps because Adobe Products use HSB?