6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 3:52 PM by Jim_Simon

Mac Bootcamp or Paralles a Bad Idea?

Toomany3 Level 1

Would I be asking for trouble running CS5 Production Premiem as a PC on a Mac using Paralles or equivalent?

I've had the demo version running on my Mac, but about ready to expire.  I don't like the way it messes up my resource linking due to file structuring differences between PC/Mac.  Every time I have to switch the same project between Mac and PC, I always have to relink my media because Mac doesn't know what "R:\media\......" means (or at least I've yet to discover how to do it).  Then when I come back to PC, I've got to relink it all over again.  Major pain with big projects.

If the iMacs didn't have a couple really nice programs that we use and a smoking awesome monitor, I'd trash them.

Does any one know if

1. CS5 for PC on Mac works OK?
      2. Will Paralles/Windows 7 see a NAS (LAN) network being in a quasi-Mac/PC environment?
      3. Am I asking for trouble?

I'm just thinking if I need to buy a new license anyway, I might as well get the one the works the best for us.

I'm downloading a demo of Paralles now, so I guess I'll find out.  But I'm sure someone else has already been in this rodeo and been kicked around a bit.  Is there anything I need to be aware of that's not apparent?