18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 7:18 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

>.< haysssss

lhemzzzzzz

i spend 1000$ for this software but in not work the problem is `after effects cant continue: sorry. after effects has crashed see http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects/html for known issues of you still cant resolver the issue . please contact adobe technical support (2)

(0 :: 42)

all suggest to fix this problem is not work

>.< i think adobe want to scam >.<

• 1. Re: >.< haysssss
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you.

What version of After Effects? Have you installed the recent updates? What operating system? What kind(s) of source footage? What were you doing when the problem occurred? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? Tell us about your computer hardware.

• 2. Re: >.< haysssss
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

0 :: 42 is just a generic hard crash, so that really doesn't help much. As Todd already said, we need at least soem info on your hardware and operating system. Also please watch the startup screen and tell us, what the last status message is before it crashes. The most common causes are OpenGL and scripting support, one depending on your graphics card configuration, the otehr on security and networking settings. And BTW, you shouldn't throw around blame - you could have just downloaded the trial and tested it.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: >.< haysssss
              lhemzzzzzz Level 1

What version of After Effects

:AE cs4

Have you installed the recent updates  

: yes

What operating system

:i dont know what is operating system can u help to know my operating system?

What kind(s) of source footage

: i dont know the source footage

What were you doing when the problem occurred

:i download the example project yesterday like amazing intro

Has this ever worked before?

:yes

What other software are you running?

:Quick time,Advance system care,bitcomet,avira antivir,hamachi,usb disk security,window messenger and yahoo messenger

Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

im not sure but when i try to update it said AE third party need to install and i install that..

tnx for your reply sir

• 4. Re: >.< haysssss
                lhemzzzzzz Level 1

where i can download AE cs4 ? cuz i think theres no have AE cs4 because it is already CS5

• 5. Re: >.< haysssss
                  lhemzzzzzz Level 1

my operating system is 32 bit

• 6. Re: >.< haysssss
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

lhemzzzzzz wrote:

my operating system is 32 bit

Then you are NOT running AE 10, even though you paid for it.  You are running AE 9. 

AE 10 is exclusively 64-bit, and it can't run on 32-bit systems.  Since the AE installation disk can install either AE 10 or AE 9, the installer automatically installed AE 9 on your system.

Earlier in this thread you wrote such things as "i dont know what is operating system can u help to know my operating system?", "i dont know the source footage" and " i think theres no have AE cs4 because it is already CS5".  To me this indicates that you lack extremely basic knowledge about both your computer in general and AE in particular.  I can't direct you to help for general computer knowledge, but I can recommend a good place to start learning about AE:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

AE is not the kind of application that lets you learn a few simple tricks.  You must learn the basics first.  Through your experience, you have already seen what happens when you choose to ignore the basics.  I recommend that you stick to a policy of "first things first".  Learn the basics of AE.  Learn to crawl before you try to run.

• 7. Re: >.< haysssss
                      lhemzzzzzz Level 1

but i want to repair my AE cs4 

help Y.Y

• 8. Re: >.< haysssss
                        Dave LaRonde Level 6

lhemzzzzzz wrote:

but i want to repair my AE cs4 

help Y.Y

I wonder if this is going to be an exercise in futility.

As Todd mentioned earlier, we need information before we can do ANYTHING.  Understand?  Tell us this:

You need to tell us the version of AE you're running: click on "About After Effects"

You need to tell us your operating system and its version -- if you look in your machine's settings, you'll find it

You need to tell us about your computer's hardware: the type of processor (or processors) and cores

You need to tell us how much RAM you have installed

You need to tell us about the graphics card

Finally, you need to tell us, as precisely as you can, what is going wrong; there may be more than one thing going wrong

Without that kind of information first, there is nothing we can do.  We aren't mind readers.  You have to help.

• 9. Re: >.< haysssss
                          lhemzzzzzz Level 1

ok sir tnx i will try to know about my computer just wait sir and btw tnx guys for trying to help me

• 10. Re: >.< haysssss
                            lhemzzzzzz Level 1

adobe after effects cs4 9.0.2

windows xp sp 2 version 2002

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name LORDHELP-849B00

System Manufacturer MSI

System Model MS-7309

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2812 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2812 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V2.1, 8/21/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

User Name LORDHELP-849B00\jesushelpme

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 1.32 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.85 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

MANUFATURER : NVIDIA

CHIP TYPE: GEFORCE 9400 GT

DAC TYPE: INTERGRATED RAMDAC

APPROX. TOTAL MEMORY: 1024.0 MB

CURRENT DISPLAY MODE : 1440 X 900 (32 BIT) (60HZ)

MONITOR : PLUG AND PLAY MONITOR

• 11. Re: >.< haysssss
                              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

This says that you're running After Effects CS4 (9.0.2). The most recent version is CS4 (9.0.3). You need to apply the update. When I asked if you had applied the recent update, you said "Yes", but this turns out to have been false. So, apply the recent update and then report back regarding whether this fixed your problem.

• 12. Re: >.< haysssss
                                Dave LaRonde Level 6

I also see that you have just 2 GB memory.  If you have multiprocessing turned on, turn it off.  You need more memory.

And even if you have a nice Nvidia card, turn off Open GL when you render.

• 13. Re: >.< haysssss
                                  Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You have the bare minimum RAM to run AE CS4.

Adobe recommend you install WinXP SP3 to run AE CS4.

Adobe After Effects CS4 Minimum System Requirements for Windows
                                  CPU: 1.5GHz or faster processor
                                  Operating System: Windows XP SP2 (SP 3 recommended) or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista)
                                  Memory: 2GB of RAM
                                  Hard Drive: 1.3GB of available hard-disk space for installation
                                  1,280×900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
                                  DVD-ROM drive
                                  QuickTime 7.4.5 software required to use QuickTime features
                                  Broadband Internet connection required for online services

• 14. Re: >.< haysssss
                                    lhemzzzzzz Level 1

how to turn off multiprocessing and how to turn off open gl?

• 15. Re: >.< haysssss
                                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> how to turn off multiprocessing and how to turn off open gl?

Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing

OpenGL

• 16. Re: >.< haysssss
                                        lhemzzzzzz Level 1

cant understand >.<

• 17. Re: >.< haysssss
                                          TimeRemapper Level 4

What can't you understand? Todd provided clear links to documentation instructing you on how to do exactly what you asked. Get started clicking and reading.

• 18. Re: >.< haysssss
                                            bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

There's clearly a language barrier here. The OP is either unable to translate into English or has a very limited grasp of the most common language in use here. Can we send the OP to another site?

bogiesan