0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2011 6:39 PM by dpimp808

Panini Crashing

dpimp808

Anybody have a problems with Panini crashing.  It tells me that I need open my file up in Builder and fix compatibility issue.  Source files I KNOW work all of a sudden give error messages and some will simply give no message and just not open.

Here is the error I get on one of my backups:

src\Main.mxml (956): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

Also on another file I am loading in Panini I get a message stating that a component may not have a size!!!?????!!?!!

Now I have created the entire component using the given sample comps and get this when trying to reopen the source file:

src\Main.mxml (268): This component may not have a size.

src\Main.mxml (270): This component may not have a size.

src\Main.mxml (272): This component may not have a size.

src\Main.mxml (344): This component may not have a size.

WTF????????

Any ideas?

So I moved on and found old backup.  But this problem happened again.  It seems this software under baked and extremely buggy.

Here is the new code.

src\components\NewScroll.mxml (16): The property spark.components.Button.skinClass must be set to a class within the project.

src\components\NewScroll.mxml (19): The property spark.components.Button.skinClass must be set to a class within the project.

src\components\NewScroll.mxml (22): The property spark.components.Button.skinClass must be set to a class within the project.

src\components\NewScroll.mxml (25): The property spark.components.Button.skinClass must be set to a class within the project.

Also it is now scrambling text on one of my pages on the final product.

Any idea on when these bugs/issues will be fixed?

A suggestion would be to allow the file to be actually opened and an error checking process happen with in the software AFTER the file most of other Adobe products, this way the developer does not throw his computer out the window and pull his hair out.  Just saying.

WOW, it says to open in flash builder so when I attempt to do so it says Outline is not available and at the bottom it says unknown error  Flex Hero.

Seriously would be nice for this software to be properly tested before released.