2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 6:28 AM by Stan Jones

Titles Missing from Project File

technologyworld

I saved a project multiple times this afternoon with about 30 titles created, but now after some file management and renaming of directories, my project opens but the titles not placed on the timeline are missing from my project!  So, about 28 titles are missing!

Help- where did they go, is there a way to get them back?

(i did not save any of the titles as templates...)

I believe the answer is that sometimes when premiere re-opens a project, it does not have the project window visible, so it looks like the project has no items...

• 1. Re: Titles Missing from Project File
          Colin Brougham-u9E3Ff Level 1

If you run Project Manager with the "Exclude Unused Clips" option checked, or run the Project > Remove Unused command, Premiere will eliminate any items from a project that are not used somewhere in a sequence. It sounds like this is what happened to you. Since titles are saved into the project itself, if they are eliminated from the project, there is no way to retrieve them.

Your best bet would be to check the Auto-Save archive for an older version of your project; if you can find one that is timestamped earlier than your trimming, you can import that into your current project and rescue the titles from there. If you don't have one from that point in time, you'll have to recreate the titles.

• 2. Re: Titles Missing from Project File
            Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

after some file management and renaming of directories, my project opens but the titles not placed on the timeline are missing from my project!

If you had the titles organized in a bin in the project window, perhaps you are inside a different bin and can't see it.

If not, then Colin is almost certainly right.

Open a backed up version, and export the other ones you want and reimport to the current version of the project.