2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 6:01 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Geforce GTX 580

hrohibil2807

Hi.

I am building a workstation for Adobes CS5 applications.

The grapfic card is a Geforce GTX 580. I can´t seem to find this card under adobes "Open GL. support for CS5". So can anyone point me in the right direction regarding whether this card is suitable for those applications?

I will mainly use the computer for After Effects and PPro CS5.

Regards HRB

• 1. Re: Geforce GTX 580
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Dunno 'bout PPro, but eitehr Todd or someoen on the Premiere forum wil lbe able to answer that. For AE, the card exceeds its limited requirements by a power of 10, so it should provide more than reasonable OpenGL performance there, assuming your driver configuration is correctly configured...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Geforce GTX 580
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If a new card is not listed on this page, then it's usually because we haven't had a chance to test and certify it yet for After Effects OpenGL features. The GTX 580 seems to meet the requirements, so I don't anticipate any problems with After Effects.

Regarding Premiere Pro CS5: The GPU acceleration features that really matter for Premiere Pro CS5 are CUDA processing features. The list of cards that provide those features for Premiere Pro CS5 is much more constrained. See this page for details.