4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 9:08 AM by the_wine_snob

Creating/buying an Intro Animation?

JeffKershner

I would like to create or buy an intro movie that should be 5-8 seconds that will play before all my videos.

What software could be used to make such an intro?  Can you point me to any resources?

Thanks,

--Jeff

• 1. Re: Creating/buying an Intro Animation?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

PrE can do just that. Now, depending on what you are think about, you might need to incorporate material from other programs, like a 3D application, perhaps Photoshop, or others.

If you can outline the Intro, someone can give you tips on how to do that.

Also, if you need stock footage, say abstract graphics, check out the stock footage at Muvipix. They also have original music, that could be helpful That material is available for purchase, or is free with a subscription to Muvipix. It doesn't take many downloads, before the price of a subscription is paid for.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I have similar, as I do most of my DVD's with Dolby Digital 5.1 SS, and it includes some LFE SFX clips, plus title animation. I just output this Project to DV-AVI, and can Import it into any other Project, where it's the Intro.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating/buying an Intro Animation?
            JeffKershner Level 1

What I want to do is something very simular to the first 3 seconds of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamrafferty  (have to click the play button)

... Or something very simple to that.

Where might I look for information on doing something like this?

Thanks,

--Jeff

• 3. Re: Creating/buying an Intro Animation?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

That would be easy to do.

In PrE, just create two Titles (per that example), place them on Video Tracks 1 and 2, and then animate them separately, with the fixed Effect>Motion>Position. You can have them come into the Frame from different points outside the Frame, hold for a moment, and then leave the Frame.

Steve Grisetti, our hardworking MOD, has several articles on Muvipix, on animating with Keyframes. They would be a good place to start.

I could also see background footage of say an extreme CU of the frets/strings on a guitar, that is out of focus (Effect>Blur), and perhaps either much lighter, or darker, so that it is a bit of an abstraction. Perhaps even in Black and White?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Creating/buying an Intro Animation?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You also might pick up some ideas for other Title treatments in the link in this ARTICLE. Many, many creative ways to handle this, and the limit is basically one's imagination.

Good luck,

Hunt