8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2007 1:40 AM by Newsgroup_User

Slide Show???

Jwebdesigner
      I am happy to do my own research but I would like to ask if someone could point me in to the right direction. I am interested in creating a small slide show at the top of the web page I am working on. I am interested in having this "slide show" ( I am not sure that is the right terminology for what I have in mind) automatically start and switch to a new photo say every 10 seconds. I would like to see the page pull up a new photo randomly every time someone opens the page and scroll through a set of (perhaps twenty) photos that I change out every once in a while. How can I accomplish this or more specifically where can I find the information?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
      Jwebdesigner
        • 1. Re: Slide Show???
          Level 7
          Jwebdesigner wrote:
          > I am happy to do my own research but I would like to ask if someone could point
          > me in to the right direction. I am interested in creating a small slide show at
          > the top of the web page I am working on. I am interested in having this "slide
          > show" ( I am not sure that is the right terminology for what I have in mind)
          > automatically start and switch to a new photo say every 10 seconds. I would
          > like to see the page pull up a new photo randomly every time someone opens the
          > page and scroll through a set of (perhaps twenty) photos that I change out
          > every once in a while. How can I accomplish this or more specifically where can
          > I find the information?
          >
          > Thank you in advance.
          >
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Jwebdesigner
          >
          >

You could try Kaosweaver.......

http://www.kaosweaver.com/extensions/details.php?id=85

HTH

--
          chin chin
          Sinclair
          • 2. Re: Slide Show???
            Level 1
            Why did you do multiple posting with the same question?

Please kindly refer to Adobe user-to-user guideline for further details. Multiple postings not recommended, for obvious reasons.

Good luck!
            • 3. Re: Slide Show???
              Jwebdesigner Level 1
              Thank you "djinn" for the link!

I downloaded the extension and did some experimenting. This seems to be a good starting point and I will likely use it as that. I am interested in learning the necessary coding to get some of those effects myself so that I can add effects and tailor to any given situation.

Thank you again for the link. :)

Best Regards
              Jwebdesigner

• 4. Re: Slide Show???
                Jwebdesigner Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Deaf Web Designer
                Why did you do multiple posting with the same question?

Please kindly refer to Adobe user-to-user guideline for further details. Multiple postings not recommended, for obvious reasons.

Good luck!

Deaf Web Designer

Last night I set out to find out what it will take to add a automatic slide show to the web site I am working on. I have vaguely heard (read) that you can use Fireworks OR Dreamweaver to put together a slideshow. I have both programs and I was uncertain which would give me the results I was looking for. I wanted to find out what options were open to me with EACH program. So I was in search of some information on the topic and where I might find that information. Yes, I posted a similar question in Dreamweaver's forum too (the only other place). However, if you will notice I did tailor my question to those readers... so my post to them was not exactly the same as the one I posted here. I just didn't have time at the moment to reword everything.

So with that said I have not broken Adobe's user-to-user guidelines. However, if you are actually looking for something to pick a fight about kindly press the "Report this to a Moderator," and we will let them decide whether or not my actions here have transgressed the rules of this forum.

Meanwhile I am very greatful for the informative responses I have recieved from both forums on this question, which has given me a much greater understanding of where I am going and what I need to do. Thank you all.

Best Regards,
                Webdesigner
                • 5. Re: Slide Show???
                  Level 7
                  Jwebdesigner wrote:

>
                  > So with that said I have not broken Adobe's user-to-user guidelines. However,
                  > if you are actually looking for something to pick a fight about kindly press
                  > the "Report this to a Moderator," and we will let them decide whether or not my
                  > actions here have transgressed the rules of this forum.
                  >
                  > Meanwhile I am very greatful for the informative responses I have recieved
                  > from both forums on this question, which has given me a much greater
                  > understanding of where I am going and what I need to do. Thank you all.
                  >

Well said - good luck :-)

--
                  chin chin
                  Sinclair
                  • 6. Re: Slide Show???
                    Level 7
                    Jwebdesigner wrote:
                    > Thank you "djinn" for the link!
                    >
                    > I downloaded the extension and did some experimenting. This seems to be a good
                    > starting point and I will likely use it as that. I am interested in learning
                    > the necessary coding to get some of those effects myself so that I can add
                    > effects and tailor to any given situation.
                    >
                    > Thank you again for the link. :)

NP :-) - If you are to learn the coding behind that particular extension
                    then javascript is what you are looking at - there are also numerous
                    flash slide shows although I don't know of one that does exactly what
                    you want (random on page entry) - anyway here's a flash slide which I
                    like - check out the demos where you can alter the way it functions and
                    looks.....

http://www.monoslideshow.com/index.php

Good luck.

--
                    chin chin
                    Sinclair
                    • 7. Re: Slide Show???
                      Jwebdesigner Level 1
                      Thank you again djinn for the links... much appreciated. I like the monoslideshow and their flexibility. I am already reading the manual!

Have a good day. :)

Best Regards,
                      Jwedesigner
                      • 8. Re: Slide Show???
                        Level 7
                        Another option might be ...

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

It is very configurable, and will display images in a random order if you
                        want.
                        The demo on that page is a bit cheesy but try putting one together with some
                        descent images and you may like it.

Peter
                        monoslideshow and their flexibility. I am already reading the manual!
                        |
                        | Have a good day. :)
                        |
                        | Best Regards,
                        | Jwedesigner