5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 12:15 PM by the_wine_snob

Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos

spastic77

When I apply certain presets (effects) to photos (using .jpg), I am unable to delete some of the effects afterwards. This only occurs with certain presets such as zoom in/out. If I want to change the effect, I have to delete the photo in the timeline and start over again. Certain presets I am able to delete. Is this just a bug in the software? Or does it have to do with the photo format I am using (.jpg)?

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you open the Properties panel for any of these photos, you can delete any effects or right-click on the properties and select Reset.

If the properties are animated, you may have to remove the keyframes also from the Properties panel timeline.

If you can be more specific about which effect you want to remove and how much you know about the Properties panel, we may be able to offer more specific help.

• 2. Re: Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos
            spastic77 Level 1

What you suggested only works for certain effects (for example, if I use the Bevel Edge effect, I can delete it), but for any effect that has motion (Image pans, zoom in/out), it does not show up in the edit effects pane. I tried clicking "delete all effects from clip" but that only removes effects that don't involve motion. What I am trying to do is just a simple photo zoom in, which I can do using the "Zoom in" preset, but if I want to delete that effect I am unable to so.

• 3. Re: Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Any Pans, or Zooms should be accessible from the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale (Zooms) and Position (Pans). Just twirl open the Effect>Motion, and you will see those. Make sure to Select that Clip,so that its Effects will visible in the Effects Control Panel.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos
                spastic77 Level 1

Okay, figured it out. Under the Effect>Motion>position I had to hit the add/remove key frame button to eliminate the effect. I find it weird that the other effects I can just delete the effect easily (button with the trash can), but with any motion I cannot just eliminate the effect. Guess it made sense to the developers but to a newbie not so intuitive. Thanks for the help.

• 5. Re: Unable to edit certain presets applied to photos
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome, and glad that it worked for you.

The big difference with Effects that you add, and the fixed Effects, like Motion, is that the fixed are automatically applied to each Clip, and if it has Audio, also Volume. You can also toggle the "stopwatch" on the far right of the Effects Control Panel.When you toggle it OFF, you will be asked if you want to remove all Keyframes. This will clear the Efffects Keyframes.

Good luck,

Hunt