Personally I'd never used the automatic index wizard as it is woefully inadequate. Try deleting the project's CPD file. If that doesn't work, see if anyone else with RoboHelp has the same issue with this project? If they do, or you can't check, are there any special characters in the index keywords?
The RoboColum(n) @robocolumn Colum McAndrew
Yes, I agree.. the create index words automatically is terrible. I was just trying ANYTHING to get an index created.
I've removed the .cpd file...and also set my Options to automatically delete and create. Unfortunately, this didn't work and my index creation continues to fail. I can't even create an index on ONE folder. After I select a word to add to the index and hit "Next" it just hangs.........even when there's no other file to be index.
No problems on adding an individual word to the index by selecting the "key" icon from the index toolbar.
I'm the lone writer, there's no one else who can try to create the index. So far, I haven't seen any special characters in the index keywords. In fact, the one folder I tested (above) contained nothing but alpha characters....
Did you tried to create Index on a different project (new project)
Please let me know on which Operating System you are working (Windows or MAC)
Need to know the configuration (RAM or is it a 64bit or 32 bit)
Just following up....
1 - Yes, I have successfully created an index on a completely different project.
2 - Windows xp, 32.
I need to revisit this issue in a couple of months, I have other things to tend to. I'll post back my "next attempts" on creating an index.
but, if there's someone out there with an answer, by all means.........please share!