8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 8:07 AM by John T Smith

Help please!

Jinxsy_rawr

After letting my brother use the program it's acting weird, I log on and get the error message (We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better

and faster playback performance, please update your display driver.) then after I click okay or exit it takes me to the editor-

So now I have a bunch of Canon pictures on it and music that I didn't upload on it(and neither did my brother) and the screen says "to add menu template

drag here" Which I've never seen before. also the message "A reduced set of content (instant movie themes, Title and Menu templates, etc) have been

installed. You can install the full content  by inserting your Content DVD or downloading it. do you wish to install now?) so I click cancel(Or yes but

it doesn't do anything). So after I put a video in the timeline section something weird(And this is my main problem) happens, This thing were it I can move

the picture shows up which I've never seen before and whenever I play a video only the audio plays and the picture stays the same, So I can't edit anything!

I don't know why this all started only yesterday it was fine before, so anyone know what to do?

• 1. Re: Help please!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried this, from the FAQs to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Help please!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

First, the "display driver" message is telling you that your video driver is out of date, and that PrE cannot interface with it, as necessary.

What make/model of video card do you have?

What is the number/date of the video driver?

Now, that PrE is opening to the Create Menu screen is puzzling, but there have been some similar reports. I'll try to track down some of those threads (the Adobe forum Search is broken right now, so this might take awhile). Cannot remember what the fix is.

The images that you are seeing are probably the Menu Set Templates, though you mention some Canon images, and that puzzles me.

As for the "reduced set" of Menus, Themes, etc., when one installs the program, there is a limited set of these Assets installed. The additional content is on a separate DVD, or if you installed from a download, in a separate installation file (actually two additional files).

Did you install from media, or from a download? Slightly different procedures for each.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Help please!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I forgot my manners - welcome to the forum!

Now, I am still searching, but maybe take a look at this THREAD, and especially the replies for PRE_Help.

More to come, when I find them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Help please!
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is another THREAD, where active anti-virus software was keeping the correct panels from displaying, but I am still looking  for the exact symptom, that you describe.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Help please!
                  nealeh Level 5

And don't blame your brother - it is just another of those random problems that PRE throws up occasionally. In addition to the tips from Steve and Bill you might also care to work through these basics:

• Install all Windows Updates.

• Install latest version of Apple QuickTime (v7.6.9 at time of writing). Even if you don't use QuickTime, PRE relies heavily on it.

• Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites.
                  • Install PRE9 v9.0.1 update.
                  • Delete BadDrivers.txt (in Windows 7 this is likely at C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt)
                  • Run Disk Cleanup.
                  • Run Defragmenter.
                  • Reboot your PC.
                  • Temporarily disable any anti-virus realtime scanning.

And give us some information about your clips and hardware:

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Help please!
                    Ted Smith Level 3

I always blame my brother.

• 7. Re: Help please!
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Hunt

• 8. Re: Help please!
                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

tedsmithau wrote:

I always blame my brother.

Around my house, I am a very responsible person

Anything my wife doesn't like... I am responsible!