6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 2:57 PM by superkatakam

Invoking web page in IFrame

superkatakam

Hi,

I'm using IFrames for my module which is supposed to be the part of a big project. I'm using IFrames to call a web page. This works fine when its executed on a local server but when my module becomes part of a project as a swf file, the web page doesnt get loaded.

I believe it works based on the browser session created when the flex application is loaded.

Can you help me out on this as to how the appropriate web page can be generated when my module is part of the project as a swf file using iframes? or is there a work around for it?

Thank you

Nikhil

• 1. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
          aktell2007 Level 1

Hi there

I’m not sure how you are using them e.g. code wise and I assume in a Flex web App rather than an Flex AIR App. ?, but I do use around 190 plus in one Flex Web Application - IFrame with Load Indicator ! My modules using between 20 and 40 IFrames within.

<fexiframe:IFrame id=”IFrame001” source=”using Xml File” loadIndicatorClass=””/> That’s it, no more no less !

regards aktell2007

• 2. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
            superkatakam Level 1

The problem with what we've done is that the iframe actually invokes a jsp page as supposed to a flex page. so we dont exactly know what class its invoking.

does it still work with the load indicator?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
              aktell2007 Level 1

An Iframe should invoke a Html page or as in your case a jsp page, but you say a ‘Flex page’ ??? and you say also ‘so we dont exactly know what class its invoking’ ??? I have NO idea what you mean with these two !

To your question ‘does it still work with the load indicator?’ – Yes everything on my IFrames work with the Load Indicator as well, and that in a Semi and Full Auto running mode type of set up !

• 4. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
                superkatakam Level 1

Flex page i meant an mxml page and you used the "loadIncatorClass"  i'm not sure how that works either. so i'm kinda in the dark about it. Anyway, i'll look it up and get my hands dirty with it and get back to you with the result.

Thanks a lot

• 5. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
                  aktell2007 Level 1

I think I see what you mean now, you are using an IFrame within a jsp page , but not a mxml page. The "loadIncatorClass" of the IFrame is AS3 so if you can or connot use that in your set up I don't know.

• 6. Re: Invoking web page in IFrame
                    superkatakam Level 1

No no i'm not invoking a flex from a jsp.

Its infact the other way round. I have an iframe and when i click on it, i am supposed to get a jsp page inside a canvas. The problem with that is that its working fine when its stand alone. With my system. But when I deploy my swf into a project, I am not able to see the page.

What i am working on is like a link button in another flex application so I have to deploy it in the form of a swf into the main project.