1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 2:49 PM by Jim_Babbage

Moving objects to different layers?

media kat Level 1

I'm coming from a background in Illustrator where you can drag objects from one layer to another by clicking on the square for it in the layers panel and dragging it to another layer. FW does not seem to behave this same way. Only some layers have the radio button and I am not quite sure what happens when I drag from one layer to another? Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Moving objects to different layers?
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

All layers should have a radio button on the right side. If there is no content in the layer it can't be enabled, though. Any layer that has objects in it  will show an enabled radio button once you select an object or objects within that layer. Then just drag the radio button to the desired layer to move the selected object or objects.

If the layer or object is locked, you will not be able to select it and hence, unable to move it.

If you just want to change the stacking order of objects in a single layer, drag them above or below other objects within the layer. Alternatively you can press the Command (Ctrl on Windows) key and the down or up arrow key to alter the stacking order of a selected object.