1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2007 2:00 PM by Newsgroup_User

twain acquire

pkeelty
      I'm stumped and would appreciate any assistance.

I have a cheap HP 1510 AIO scanner that, despite several HP driver/software installs and two full Fireworks CS3 re-installs, does not show up in the twain acquire box when atempting to scan into FW. Nor does it show up in the twain select box. In fact, both boxes show no twain sources at all.

Does anyone know how to fis this? The scanner works just fine using its own software, but it is a real drag to have to save scanned images to disk and then open them in FW. I have used fireworks since version 2 and have never run into anything like this.

Thanks in advance, Peter Keelty
        • 1. Re: twain acquire
          Level 7
          Do you have any other software besides the HP software that uses a
          scanner? It would be helpful to find out if it doesn't show up in FW only.

If you go to Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras, does it show up there?

(i'm assuming you are using windoz...)

alex

pkeelty wrote:
          > I'm stumped and would appreciate any assistance.
          >
          > I have a cheap HP 1510 AIO scanner that, despite several HP driver/software
          > installs and two full Fireworks CS3 re-installs, does not show up in the twain
          > acquire box when atempting to scan into FW. Nor does it show up in the twain
          > select box. In fact, both boxes show no twain sources at all.
          >
          > Does anyone know how to fis this? The scanner works just fine using its own
          > software, but it is a real drag to have to save scanned images to disk and then
          > open them in FW. I have used fireworks since version 2 and have never run into
          > anything like this.
          >
          > Thanks in advance, Peter Keelty
          >