3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 5:57 AM by TimeRemapper

AE CS5 Font Missing??

Daz1761 Level 1

Iv'e been hammering AE for 2 months now with all my uni work and its been brilliant.

My last video is a typography video and AE has hated every min of it, its been doing weird things like not remembering when i have pad locked video tracks, not remembering mask paths that iv'e assigned the text layers after reload and also its kicking off everytime i reload saying -

The following Layer dependencies are missing:

Text Layer: font family: 'Myriad', Font style: 'Roman' ??????????

Its not a downloaded font

Also, when i'm exporting as flash swf, its not rendering a section funny enough with a mask path on text layers??

Has anyone any idea why my AE is hating this video lol

Thanks

• 1. Re: AE CS5 Font Missing??
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Also, when i'm exporting as flash swf, its not rendering a section funny enough with a mask path on text layers??

If something isn't being included in the exported SWF file, it's usually because you have Ignore selected for what to do with unsupported features. See this page.

BTW, I normally steer people away from using direct export to SWF from After Effects. So very few things are preserved as vectors that it's usually not really worth it. People expect it to do more than it does, and they're almost always disappointed. We created that feature before Adobe merged with Macromedia. Now, Adobe has a better way of creating SWF files within Creative Suite: Flash Professional itself.

>  The following Layer dependencies are missing:

Text Layer: font family: 'Myriad', Font style: 'Roman' ??????????

That's usually an indication that one of your layers uses that font, but After Effects can't find the font.

• 2. Re: AE CS5 Font Missing??
            Daz1761 Level 1

Thanks for that advice

How can i get my font back then?  Like i say i did not install it, it was just used as default so i could line up all the text layers, i don't fancy changing over 75 text layers for another text, unless there is a quicker way??

Also, why i am getting mask path problems??

Thanks

• 3. Re: AE CS5 Font Missing??
              TimeRemapper Level 4

You should look into Paul Tuersley's script (pt TextEdit) for finding, editing, and changing fonts within your After Effects project. Can you go into more detail about your mask shape issue?