4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 2:57 PM by poppabear69

Blu-ray Writer?

I have seen a lot of advice on what computer parts to buy. Here is my question.

Which Blu-ray Writer works really well.

Please give advice on your Blu-ray experiences.

I would like to move to HD Output.

• 1. Re: Blu-ray Writer?
          wonderspark Level 1

I have an internal LG 10x Blu-ray burner in my 2009 Mac Pro, which I bought online from OWC (part no. LGEWH10LS30KMP) and it works perfectly. It has LightScribe, which I haven't used yet, but I've burned many BD-R discs without a single error or problem. I've been exporting copies of a feature film I worked on, and final output is 105 minutes, 1920x1080/24p Blu-ray, using Adobe Encore.

Not sure if you have a PC or a Mac, but here's a link to OWC:

• 2. Re: Blu-ray Writer?
            Pyramid Pyro Level 1

I'll second what WonderSpark said about the LGs, and add that Verbatim discs round out the combo.

Haven't gone wrong with that combo yet.  I'm using a PC:  Premiere Pro > AME > Encore > IMG file > disc

Best of luck,

• 3. Re: Blu-ray Writer?
              wonderspark Level 1

Yes, I only, ONLY use Verbatim discs. I've had errors on other media such as Memorex, and others I can't recall, but never a problem on Verbatim. It has to do with the dyes and manufacturing used. I've also had good luck with Phillips burn media that a client provided, but I told him to buy Verbatim in the future. You'd think I get paid by them or something, but I just love their product, hahaha.

• 4. Re: Blu-ray Writer?
                poppabear69 Level 1

I also have had good luck with my LG BluRay burner.

I have heard bad stories about Memores (disks go bad after 6 months).

So far, I have had good luck with Kodak ink jet printable BD-R.  I haven't had a bad burn and they are still good after 6 months.