3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2011 4:17 AM by Ms. Glenda

How to add a book to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Millpond28

How to add a book to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

• 1. Re: How to add a book to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet
          Ms. Glenda

I, too, have a Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1. According to the library website, I needed Overdrive Media Console and Adobe Digital Editions. I have installed both and authorized Adobe, but I get a long cryptic error message when I try to download an ebook.  I have tried contactingthe library tech support, sending all the information they asked for, but I have still not heard back.  I am able to download books from other sites without any problem (books I paid for).

It is getting frustrating to have spent all this money on this device and not to be able to download a book or to find help.  Does anyone know where help can be found?

Thanks, 

Glenda Baker

• 2. Re: How to add a book to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I could be very flip and say that you've come to the right place, but truly

that's what we're here for.

It would be very informative if we could see the message you're getting,

because the software is trying to tell you something isn't right, and we

need to know what that 'something' is in order to help resolve the issue.

It could be as simple as a clock setting, or it could be that the ebooks

have digital rights settings that prevent copying them.  If you can capture

the message and put it in an answer to the post, then we have something to

go on.

=================

• 3. Re: How to add a book to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet
              Ms. Glenda Level 1

Thank you so much for replying.  After 2 weeks of trying to get help from the library, I was getting frustrated. Even though Overdrive Media Console said to contact the library for tech support, I finally called their main office yesterday and got through to their tech support. I read part of the error message to them, which was quite long and used code for the error. He then suggested I try a different browser, like Dolphin or Opera. I tried Dolphin and it worked like a charm the first time. I then called the library and left them a message on the fix. 

Thank you again for responding.

Glenda Baker