Hi - We have not shared any release date yet for Flash Builder 4.5 or Flex 4.5 beyond 2011. We are actively working on finishing up the releases.
Sr Product Manager, Flex SDK
Is there any new news with regards to the release. I would like to factor in whether or not we should be using the current beta version. Is there going to be much change to it? whats outstanding?
Hi - we are in the process of migrating our app from 3.5 to 4.x. We are trying to decide whether we should migrate to 4.1 or 4.5. I was wondering if there is a release date yet, for 4.5, it would help us make the decision.
Thanks in advance.
What answer would make you choose 4.5?
if it is next couple of months, then we would like to go with 4.5, but if it is second half of the year, then we would upgrade to 4.1 for now and then upgrade to 4.5 when it is released.
Not sure if you are asking me in particular....but if you are, then I am also a
developer/user, have no access to inside information & like you, am also hoping
it will be released soon.
Adobe generally does not promise or guarantee release dates, but we're
pretty close to being done. Unless something unexpected happens, you're
pretty safe going with 4.5.
Does this mean you advise the use of the most recent stable build of
flex hero? Or do you believe for production we should hold out for the
release of 4.5?
Adobe does not recommend and will not support using pre-releases for
I would suggest using a pre-release build now to get started on the
porting/migrating/upgrading effort, then finalize your release when 4.5 is
We are in this boat as well. Our company is currently developing against a the latest stable build of 4.5 (rev 19786) simply so we could have spark datagrids. I'd love to at least get a general idea of when we're going to get another stable build or better yet an idea of what quater 4.5 will be released. We are supposed to ship our product in May so we need to decide if we need to roll back our changes that rely on 4.5.