4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2007 6:19 AM by cws14

Flex Builder 2 will not load

swickes Level 1
      After using Flex Builder 2 for many months, it now crashes before loading with a message to "see the log." Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I need to keep working! Thanks.

The log isn't terribly helpful; it says:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 0 2007-06-27 11:25:35.641
      !MESSAGE Widget disposed too early!
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Widget disposed too early!
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference$1.widgetDisposed(WorkbenchPartReference.ja va:151)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:101)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)...
        • 1. Re: Flex Builder 2 will not load
          Caffeinerabbit Level 1
          Bumping this one up because I've just had the exact same thing happen to me this morning.

FB2 has worked fine for months, and out of the blue, the scenario swickes describes above happened to me as well. Elsewhere, I read that having a user with administrator access log in and open FB themselves would solve the problem: We did that, and indeed, it worked for one session, but later I needed to close FB and reopen it, and the scenario happened again.

I tried reinstalling Flex Builder, but that didn't fix the problem either. If anyone has any solutions to this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated.
          • 2. Re: Flex Builder 2 will not load
            swickes Level 1
            Caffeinerabbit (love your screen name),

Here's how I solved my problem. Watching Flex Builder load, it became apparent to me that the problem was not with FB, but with the mxml file it was trying to load on startup (the one I was working on when I last quit FB).

So I re-named the problem mxml file, FB couldn't find it to open, and FB loaded perfectly.

Hope this helps. Let us (the Forum) know.

-Steve
            • 3. Re: Flex Builder 2 will not load
              Caffeinerabbit Level 1
              My solution was similar - I removed problem project by manually editing the eclipse projects file, and it started up like a charm (I can't remember how I realized it was the project causing the problem, however.)

I guess the question now is: what in the project/mxml file caused eclipse to behave this way? Any luck on that front?

Thanks! (And glad you like my sceen name! ;) )
              • 4. Re: Flex Builder 2 will not load
                cws14
                Thank you both!!

I just had this problem and the renaming of the problem file worked like a charm. Good thing too! I was starting to panic :-0.

I have no idea why the file I was working on caused this problem - so no help from me there.

Cheers,
                Chloe