5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 8:48 AM by Carl Sun

Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem

profmoriarty22

Hi there,

I have this issue recently that extension manager pops up when I load Dreamweaver CS5. I've just done an update and the following message comes up:

The Extension Manager will now launch and finish updating Dreamweaver.

Extension Manager then comes up and starts Loading Extensions. However at a certain point it just freezes (see pic).

pic.jpg

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem
          Carl Sun Level 4

The most possible reason is that you have no sufficient privilege to write some files during update. Do you logon with administrator role? Please check you have write privilege to following folders: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configuration\Extensions,
          C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS5\Configuration\Extensions,
          C:\Users\Public\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configuration\Extensions. You can run Extension Manager by right clicking icon and select "Run as Administrator" to avoid most privilege-related problems.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem
            profmoriarty22 Level 1

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. I do have administrative privledges, but even so - I tried running it as administrator, but the same problem came up. :-(

Any other ideas?

With thanks,

• 3. Re: Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem
              profmoriarty22 Level 1

Never mind. After doing a reboot (for a different reason altogether) and starting up Dreamweaver, it now asked me to install the html5 extension update, and it did so successfully. So looks like everything is fine now.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem
                rikkimoo

Hi - realize this is a few months old but I'm having same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Extension Manager CS5 hanging problem
                  Carl Sun Level 4

1. Each CS product which Extension Manager supports has a file named XManConfig.xml. If Extension Manager can not find this file from a CS product, Extension Manager will not integrate this product. So in order to determine the cause, you can rename XManConfig.xml for all CS products temporarily (You can find this file under installation directory or its configuration sub-directory of each CS product), as a result, Extension Manager will not integrate any product.
                  2. Try to launch Extension Manager, if it can be launched successfully, then you can rename XManConfig.xml back one by one and launch Extension Manager again after each rename. If Extension Manager can not launched after you rename XManConfig.xml back for a certain product, then the problem is relevant to this product, you can generate log files to assist troubleshooting. You can read other threads in this forum to learn how to generate log files. Of course, if you don't need Extension Manager to manage extensions for a specific product, you don't need restore name of XManConfig.xml for that product.