• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 Installed, But Won't Start

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flash Builder 4. The installation completed without a hitch, but the application won't start. Here are the log files from \Local Settings\Temp and Adobe Flash Builder 4\.metadata.

amt3.log - http://pastebin.com/snrXFkfD
\metadata\.log - http://pastebin.com/BkmVBBU5

Any idea regarding what I am doing wrong? I have Eclipse on my comp, but I have installed the standalone version of FB 4 trial.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I reinstalled the app. This time the .log file is slightly different. http://pastebin.com/8aWu2rxm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at the amt3.log file you posted, it's reporting that the 60-day trial period has expired. Is it possible that someone used an FB4 trial on that same machine last year?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that someone else had installed Fbuilder on the system earlier. It's a lab computer that was assigned to me only a couple of week back.

Even if the trial has expired shouldn't the screen with buy now appear? My problem is that the screen also doesn't appear. The Fbuilder.exe process quietly shuts down. That makes me thing that something else is wrong.

I can requisition a full license from the sysadmin. However, if he purchases the license for me and even then I can't do my work, I will be in trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Even if the trial has expired shouldn't the screen with buy now appear?

Yes, that's what I would expect too. Sometimes there are situations where previously installed Prerelease versions (beta versions from Adobe Labs) can interfere with that though, especially with multiple users on a given machine in a Lab setting.

> I can requisition a full license from the sysadmin.

Good idea - that's probably your best shot at getting FB4 activated on that machine, without needing to re-image it. After you obtain an FB4 serial number, you should be able to enter it at install-time to activate the license.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines