4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 11:25 AM by Steve Grisetti

OT: How to collaborate

Owl Boy

All-

Sorry for posting this off-topic thread, but I did not recognize any 'general' adobe forum in the list. I thought that maybe one or more of you could point me in the right direction so I don't garbage up the PE forum.

I am a musician. My main goal in using PE is to produce music videos. These could span anything from what one typically thinks of when one says 'Music Video' (e.g. "Thriller"), but I am also classically trained, and see a big potential for classical and traditional music being visualized.

I think my art - both regarding music and video - would benefit from a robust and serious online community in which I could share my talents and learn from others. Just as an example, a quick google search got me to vimeo.com, which looks like it might have potential.

Any suggestions as to online communities you might belong to, ones to watch out for, or the proper adobe forum to ask this question are greatly appreciated!

Owl Boy

• 1. Re: OT: How to collaborate
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Owl Boy,

Two come immediately to mind:

The Video Lounge, here on the Adobe fora. There are several professional audio folk, who hang out there. Some are musicians, while some are audio engineers. Most probably use PrPro for video editing, but not all. As for their audio programs, those will be across the board.

The second is Muvipix, a community of video, audio and still producers. They are less Adobe-centric. The Webmaster there, Ron, is a musician, and most of the original music pieces available there, were produced by him. There are many others, who come to audio from several sides, and at several levels. You will likely see Steve Grisetti, and a few other "familiar faces" on the various Muvipix boards. Also, for general discussions (where no other specific boards exist, or for introductions, the Water Cooler is a great place to post). One can post and read, just by signing up. If one wants to access things like Steve Grisetti's articles, or stock footage, or original music, one would be smart to Subscribe, as it only takes a few downloads (for pay), to offset the price of a subscription.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: OT: How to collaborate
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for the plug, Bill!

Muvipix.com was created as a community for videomakers, particularly those using consumer programs like Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

The site has attracted a number of interesting people! One is a musician who, just for fun, has built guitars and ukuleles out of cigar boxes and other household items.

It's a great place to share ideas, make friends and learn a few tricks, no matter what you're using your video for.

Here's the forum: http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/

• 3. Re: OT: How to collaborate
              Owl Boy Level 1

Thanks, Bill and Steve. I have taken a look at and bookmarked the suggested links. Wonderful thing, the internet!

• 4. Re: OT: How to collaborate
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Some of my best friends are people I've never met face-to-face -- for better or for worse.