2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 5:49 AM by robamp

Getting Started from the Administrator's Perspective

robamp

I'm new to Contribute. I have enabled WebDav on IIS 6 and can connect using Microsoft Explorer, which automatically passes my Active Directory credentials. Using CS5 to try and connect to the website virtual directory fails when I try to type in my Windows username and password in the Connection Wizard, saying "Please make sure that you have sufficient permissions. I'm a bit confused in the first place...do I need to install something else on the server (e.g. Contribute, or Contribute Publishing Server)? Is there a guide somewhere that deals with the administrative side of Contribute?

• 1. Re: Getting Started from the Administrator's Perspective
          Krishna Prasad B V Level 3

Hi,

Can you enable Basic Authentication as well in IIS? And then check whether you are able to create connection to the website.

• 2. Re: Getting Started from the Administrator's Perspective
            robamp Level 1

Thanks for taking a try at this, but I've solved my issue (forgot about this thread though!).

My solution:

To Configure Contribute:

1. Install webDAV on server

2. Apply permissions for IIS6 server account on physical directory

a. Read

b. Read & Execute

c. List

d. Write

e. Modify

f. Write and Script Source access (to edit dynamic pages)

3. IIS Virtual Directory requires:

a. Read

b. Directory Browsing

c. Write

d. Indexing

Turn on WebClient service to Automatic start on clients using Contribute

Thanks!