3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 3:38 AM by nealeh

Premiere Elements 3.0.2 running in background. Can't access it.

bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Hi.

I have recently got a new quad-core AMD computer with Win7 on it, + 4g RAM.

For the last couple of days, PE3 (with updated patch) was working fine.

Today, however, I can't get into it. If I hover over the icon, I can see my file + it also shows up as 'Running' in Task Manager.

But I can't get into it!

Oh, I have also put in the disk and done a repair.

I would really appreciate help from u gurus out there PLEASE!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0.2 running in background. Can't access it.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use task manager to close the program, maybe even do a restart, and open the program again

Hold shift+ctrl+alt while opening the program to reset preferences

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0.2 running in background. Can't access it.
            bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Hello again:

Thankyou for your suggestions, John, but unfortunately no success.

I have actually done several restarts + have uninstalled and re-installed twice.

The bizarre thing is that I did two hours of editing last Friday, with NO PROBLEMS!

That night, I installed two programs; Nero Burn lite and Fair Use Wizard. So yesterday I uninstalled both of them and then again tried to re-install PE3 - but still having the exact same problem. The computer is treating it as if it's running (in Task Manager, etc), but I can't see it.

Does anyone else have any suggestions???

I am very reluctant to transfer this file to PE9, because I had previously tried that several weeks ago, and the quality just isn't very good.

Thanking you,

Rach

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0.2 running in background. Can't access it.
              nealeh Level 5

Better than uninstalling those two applications you would be better using System Restore point to roll back before you installed the apps. Unfortunately many apps uninstall processes do not remove all the registry entries they may have made.

A couple of obvious things to check are that you have the latest graphics and sound drivers (get them from their manufacturer's web sites), and the latest QuickTime (v7.6.9 at time of writing).

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children