8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 7:13 PM by Creations1188

Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?

Creations1188

I am new to PRE 9; (been using PRE2 for the longest time till old

computer crashed).  I thought it was fantastic and was burning DVDs out of movies from cablevision for keepsake.  Then it started to give me unknown error 213111400 just at the 90-something % of encoding.  The DVD then plays for the first 10minutes and then just freeze and would not even fast-forward.  When I look at the DVD, it looked like it did not burn the entire movie into the DVD.  I could not exit the software and it had to be end-tasked.  I did some research and found and article that said to hit the rescan button 2x before I burn.  Did that and it burned one or two DVD before this error occured again.  I wasted so many DVDs (-R and also +R different manufacturer) and finally I uninstall and re-install PRE9.  It burned a movie and again this error.

My system:  HP AMD Athlon II Quad-core Processor 8G DDR3 with 1Terra HD.  The burner is a supermulti DVD burner; window 7 64bit Home Premium

I am using PRE 9.  It is only a simple recording of a movie from cablevision captured with PRE2 from my old computer which I transfer over using external hard drive.  I had burn about 20 movies before this error occured....

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

That is a new error to me.

Can you give us more details on the files that you are using, and also a little bit more info on your Project's layout, and also your computer's I/O, i.e.the HDD's, their defragmented free space, speed, controller type and how you have them allocated? Looks like you have a single 1 TB HDD. Is that correct? Do you have that partitioned?

With a failure at the 90% point, it sounds like the second Transcoding pass is failing, so that would put it about 40% of the Duration of the Timeline (PrE uses 2-pass Transcoding for DVD). At about the 40% point, what is on the Timeline?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
            Creations1188 Level 1

I captured the movie with PRE v2 in my old pc because it has a TV tuner fed from Cablevision DVR box.  The file format is avi.  A 1.5 hr movie would be around 25G size.  I use an external drive to copy the file into it and then copy over to the new PC with PRE9 because I have yet to install a TV tuner.  What I have done is eliminate the commercials by cutting them out and put some time markers.  Around the 40% on the timeline is either the movie clip and/or the time marker.

Usually with all the commercials remove, the movie is now a 1.5 hr.  I used the provided templates to set up the time markers (around 4,5,6 or 8 of them) and then burn to DVD.

I am not that pc savvy .. I have a small drive HP of 12G apart from that big HD of 919G (Drive D is HP_Recovery)  The 919G drive is not partioned.

As for the I/O controller.... I don't know where to look for them... The external drive used to transfer the avi files from old pc to new pc is USB-attached.  The DVD burner is internal.

In the mean time I tried something different - I restarted the pc and open up PRE9 to burn  the disk.  It successfully burn one but on the next project, it error-ed again...  aaargh !!  So frustrating.  How do I get that information (I/O, controller type,) etc for you ?

• 3. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
              nealeh Level 5

Creations1188 wrote:

I am not that pc savvy .. I have a small drive HP of 12G apart from that big HD of 919G (Drive D is HP_Recovery)  The 919G drive is not partioned.

I'm confused by what you are saying about your drives. Do you have one two or three? In your opening post you suggest you have just one drive. In the part I've just quoted you suggest three drives (the small 12G, the big 919G and an unspecified "D - HP_Recovery). Can you clarify and indicate the total disk size and the free space on each. Also confirm that they are all formatted as NTFS.

Subject to clarification, if the 12G drive contains your operating system I would imagine that is your problem. Even if your program and clips are installed on other drives PRE usually uses many gigagbytes on the drive containing the OS. This might also explain why you got one session working, but then not another - probably temporary files being erased during the reboot.

Examine that drive and try to clear out as much free space as you can and then try again.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
                Creations1188 Level 1

Ok.. Nealey.  I was following your advice to clean that small HP drive but it warned that this area of hard drive contains files used to perform a system recovery and do not delete or alter any of the files because any change to this partition could prevent a system recovery in the future.

I know that when I un-install and re-installed PRE9, I saw most of the files created by Adobe are in the large 919G drive (C).  It has all the program files and program files (x86).  Also once there was a notification that the pc was running low in memory.  What else can I do if I cannot make any changes in the little HP_recovery drive (12G)  ?  I have 2 drives:  HP_recovery of 12G  and C of 919G.

• 5. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
                  nealeh Level 5

OK - so you effectively have one usable drive (C:\) so leave that recovery drive alone . Not the best option for video editing but the main disadvntage is on performance rather than causing crashes. Is the drive formatted as NTFS? How much free, defragmented, space does it have?

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
                    Creations1188 Level 1

Yes, file system is NTFS, free space 213GB (just defragmented last night).  After each project of DVD completed, I delete the files.

I try to defrag once a week..

On performance, it burns a DVD pretty quick - 1hr 47min movie burns in 45 min, when it works....when this unknown error does not occur...

• 7. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
                      nealeh Level 5

So is this problem only with some projects?

Please give us some information about your clips:

• Use the GSpot Codec Information Utility to analyse the file and post screen image.
                      • What project preset did you use?
                      • Where did the clip come from?
                      • How did you get it into PRE?
                      • What Share format are you using?
                      • Please post a screen image of your entire timeline (first use the [\] key to resize the timeline to fit one screen).

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

• 8. Re: Unknown Error 213111400...what to do ?
                        Creations1188 Level 1

Hello Nealeh.

I have learned that it is just easier to restart before I burn a movie to disc.  I don't know how to do most of the things in your list... !

It's a drag but my pc boots fast. I still do get it every now and then but restarting after I finish editing the project to burn to disc reduces the chances of this error.  I just want to write to thank YOU and Mr Hunt for helping.