2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2011 6:15 PM by IRIS VIDEO

Still image file confusion.

IRIS VIDEO

Got an unusual problem...

Importing folders of JPG still images into CS5 to product a slide show.....

On random occasions Premier confuses individual image file names and replaces them with alternate files from within folders imported on the time line....

Ive re checked the original source of the files affected and they are unaltered...

At first I thought files may be damaged by a virus..... However I;ve used other editing software and they work perfectly........Wondering if anyone has a solution....

• 1. Re: Still image file confusion.
          Eric Addison User Group Manager

I've seen this same thing...drove me nuts!  I reported it as a bug, so Adobe knows about it. Hopefully a fix will come along soon.  A work around is to right-click on the files in the bin, choose Edit in Photoshop, then in Photoshop just do a Save As, and re-save over the old file using the same name and format. When you go back into Premiere Pro, it should be fine. Be sure to back up your original files somewhere...just in case.  Hope that helps!

• 2. Re: Still image file confusion.
            IRIS VIDEO Level 1

Thanks....seems to correct the problem..Certainly drove me nuts as well. You tend to question your own sanity!

I'll follow up your bug alert by my own submission....Thanks for your constructive response...