1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2011 6:10 AM by Steve Grisetti

Part of the audio is gone after deleting a segment of a video

Cyberherbalist

I'm using PE8, and this was my first attempt to actually use it.  I made a short video using my Kodak Zi8, and then attempted an edit by splitting the video at two points and then deleting the now middle segment.  Worked fine, except that suddenly the audio beginning about 10 seconds after the break was now gone, all the way to the end of the video.

What kind of a newbie mistake did I make?

• 1. Re: Part of the audio is gone after deleting a segment of a video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Part of the challenge is that that pocket camcorder doesn't really produce video that's fully compatible with Premiere Elements.

Which project setting did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project? If you've selected the ideal preset then, when you add your clips to your timeline, there will not be a red line above the clips. Is this the case for you?

That said, when you deleted the middle segment of your video, did the audio track for the entire second half of the video disappear -- or is it there but you just can't hear it?

If it was deleted along with the middle segment, it's possible you had the video but not the audio portion of the clip selected when you split the clip the second time. This would have split the video but not the audio.

If not, it could just be a problem with using that video format in Premiere Elements or an incompatible project set-up.