2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2011 12:39 PM by Jeff Schewe

CS5 won't open RAF files from FinePix HS10 & Camera Raw 6.3- Is there something I'm missing??

Deornorth

Ok-

I've bought CS5 Extended and then updated it (including the Camera Raw 6.3 update).

I am using a MacBook Pro (and an iMac also).

When I try to open the RAF file I get the message "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file." Yet the release notes for Camer Raw say that it will open FinePix HS10 files...

So I then decided to try a manual install of Camera Raw- I get the same message.

I have checked with other HS10 users and their PS does open them.

Is there something obvious that I am missing- or is there a problem with the camera raw or the photoshop cs5??

Hope someone can help!!

Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 x64

Adobe Bridge 4.0.4.2

Camera Raw 6.3.0.79

Mac OS 10.6.6

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4Gb 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory

Eliot

• 1. Re: CS5 won't open RAF files from FinePix HS10 & Camera Raw 6.3- Is there something I'm missing??
          Deornorth Level 1

Ok-

Discovered the answer to the question myself:

If anyone else wants to know how I got it working-

I didn't realise that the Camera Raw won't work in 64bit mode. Converting to 32bit enabled the files to be opened.

Discovered this when I was trying to install Noiseware Professional and it didn't appear in the filters list. The FAQ for Noiseware stated it couldn't currently run on 64bit. I then did what it suggested- clicking on info and selecting run in 32 bit mode.

So- now a lot happier...

Eliot

• 2. Re: CS5 won't open RAF files from FinePix HS10 & Camera Raw 6.3- Is there something I'm missing??
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

Deornorth wrote:

I didn't realise that the Camera Raw won't work in 64bit mode. Converting to 32bit enabled the files to be opened.

Actually, that's wrong. Camera Raw 6.3 WILL run as a 64-bit plug-in when hosted by Photoshop CS5 if CS5 is running as a 64-bit app. It'll run as a 32-bit plug-in when hosted by Bridge or Photoshop CS5 set to run as 32-bit.

So, there's something else going on here....

How are you trying to open the raw files? From within Bridge or the Finder? How did you update Camera Raw to version 6.3? From the updater? Is ACR 6.3 in the correct install location? main Library (not the User but root), Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CS5/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

Can you open raw images from within Bridge? Have you tried to view raw files with Bridge before you updated Camera Raw? Have you trashed the cache foe the folder? In Bridge under Tools/Cache/Purge Cache